Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:41:57 PM EDT
A co-worker told me about an evil gun site she'd come across on one of her political discussion boards.  She told me how they talk about guns and shooting all the time.  While she's talking I'm thinking "dang I need to get the url and check this place out".  I've been lurking for about a month now and figured I'd say hi to y`all before I bombard you with questions.  So "hi".
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Make sure to set this as your homepage at work
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome, and Hi.

Hey, where are all these newbies coming from anyway?

Guess the anti's are driven more people over to the dark side of the force. Or maybe people are just waking up to find out that guns are not evil, that people are; especially anti's.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#3]
All ready a team member too...nice work.

Now what guns you packin!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the site!  The "hive mind" here should be able to answer many questions you may ask (and some you don't).

We sometimes get trolls from those "other" sites, but they get beat down pretty quick.  

Warning:  You will shortly begin to feel the urge to join "the dark side" of guns.  It will start with a black rifle and possibly progress to things you need fed approval for.

Have fun...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey, where are all these newbies coming from anyway?

Guess the anti's are driven more people over to the dark side of the force. Or maybe people are just waking up to find out that guns are not evil, that people are; especially anti's.

That's me. I was on the fence but had never even considered owning a gun. 2 years ago....things changed.

But, WELCOME TO AR15.COM!

Now get your ass out to Speed Steel, Practical Rifle, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Greetings
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#8]
What am I packing?  Well I'm already on the dark side with my bushy xm15-E2.  Got the requisite pistols, shotguns, and hunting rifle or two I've got two RRA lowers on order w/LPK to build.  I'm planning on building them identical and have some engraving done on the lowers.  Once complete I'll be keeping one and giving the other to my best friend who's getting married in August as a special wedding gift.  

So I wasn't really on the fence per say but where I work a lot of the people I interact with seem to be anti-gun.  I've had to keep it my guns under my hat.  So it's nice to find a place with people who have the same interest in firearms that I do.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What am I packing?  Well I'm already on the dark side with my bushy xm15-E2.  Got the requisite pistols, shotguns, and hunting rifle or two I've got two RRA lowers on order w/LPK to build.  I'm planning on building them identical and have some engraving done on the lowers.  Once complete I'll be keeping one and giving the other to my best friend who's getting married in August as a special wedding gift.  

So I wasn't really on the fence per say but where I work a lot of the people I interact with seem to be anti-gun.  I've had to keep it my guns under my hat.  So it's nice to find a place with people who have the same interest in firearms that I do.  

Welcome to ARFCOM.
Make sure and attend the local Practical Rifle, Speed steel and ARFCOM shootouts!! Have a big one coming up in June in Eastern OR.

Where ya located?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in Aloha, just between Beaverton and Hillboro.  Is the ARFCOM shoot the same as the one in the "oregon machingun shoot" thread?  I know I'd like to come watch some of the PR or speed steel and maybe get enough steam up to give them a try too.

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm in Aloha, just between Beaverton and Hillboro.  Is the ARFCOM shoot the same as the one in the "oregon machingun shoot" thread?  I know I'd like to come watch some of the PR or speed steel and maybe get enough steam up to give them a try too.

Lots of members out in your neck of hte woods!

As for hte shoot.... The one you are talking about is being put on my The EagleCap shooters assoc. We are jsut attending. Our local ARFCOM shoots are usually at one of the local shooting pits and will have a month or so of back and forth about where it will be held prior to. If you stay active you wont miss the threads on them.

PR is great fun!!! Some of the most fun you can have with your black stick. I havent attended Speed steel yet but a few memebers are starting to go more often.

If you stick around you will find we are all pretty good friends. Glad to have ya here!~

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome!  

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:24:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Hiya!

Mark.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:26:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome to the Oregon forum. Keep your back to the wall and don't set your drink down -- we've got a few of those new type cowboys here.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I sense brokebackish comments.......
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Cool.  I'm in Beaverton around Tanasbourne.

Where do you shop?  I've been browsing mainly at Beaver Creek Armory and Dual Smokin' Guns (until a tree fell on his house last week hock.gif).  Any suggestions out TV highway?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Very near Tanasbourne myself.  Just over the line into Hillsboro; I could throw a rock and hit Beaverton soil.

Sorry, haven't had big spending $$$ since I've been living here, so I'm not up on what's local.  I'm not a window shopper either, I guess.  I bought most of my firearms back when I lived in Gresham -- Keith's for handguns.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#20]
BEAVERTON HERE!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Hello.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Syph, for shopping I've done some business at Dual Smoking.  Didn't know he had a tree hit his house. ouch.   Hopefully it didn't do much damage or hit my order.  Seems I end up heading over toward the 205 area to do some of my shopping.  I'll hit Keith's, Sportsman Warehouse, NW armory.  Gun Broker used to be on that list too but not sure after that rifle/magazine mishap I read about earlier.  Where's Beaver Creek located at?  

So if a guy wanted to support his local dealer who has some of the best bulk 5.56/.223 ammo prices locally?  I'd be willing to drive to Roseburg once in a blue moon if needed to get a good deal and support the local merchant.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Syph, for shopping I've done some business at Dual Smoking.  Didn't know he had a tree hit his house. ouch.   Hopefully it didn't do much damage or hit my order.  Seems I end up heading over toward the 205 area to do some of my shopping.  I'll hit Keith's, Sportsman Warehouse, NW armory.  Gun Broker used to be on that list too but not sure after that rifle/magazine mishap I read about earlier.  Where's Beaver Creek located at?  

So if a guy wanted to support his local dealer who has some of the best bulk 5.56/.223 ammo prices locally?  I'd be willing to drive to Roseburg once in a blue moon if needed to get a good deal and support the local merchant.

Welcome Mac!! SOunds like you were already to be a memeber before you even found ths place.

So do you have a hook-up for ammo in Roseburg or were you saying youo'd be willing to drive that far for good prices?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Oops, I don't have the hook up.  I'd be willing to drive that far to support a good dealer once in a while.  Doesn't hurt my buddy's parents live down there and his mom is a great cook.  She make a mean biscuit.  

I'm just having trouble consistently finding a local dealer that won't charge way above what I can get from Natchez etc off the internet.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
C'mon Yanker.......you know those two words do not belong in the same phrase!

1 shop open, 1 shop temp. closed.  Open shop knows other shop closed.  Open shop knows your limited unless your gonna drive north to hippyland (eugene).  Unless, you happen to catch them on a really GOOD day.....and that does not happen.  I about got chased out of there today with a transfer after I told the owner's son what I had into the rifle.  His last comment was that should be illegal  Oh well!

The big brown truck comes by here twice a day, 5 days a week!

Yeah you're right peta but I had to ask just in case....let's open our own shop down here!!

Flying cloud closed for the owners knee and hip replacement?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

His house is pretty bad.  Over $100k in repair and probably 4-6 months minimum.  Store wise, everything's okay (albeit a little displaced) but he's looking for another location so hopefully something will work out (can you imagine a retail gun store in Beaverton?  house
205 is just too damn far (especially for the lacking customer service at Keith's).  My brother is over in southeast though so I do occasionally drop in on NW armory.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#28]

I've had to keep it my guns under my hat.

That must be one big hat!!

j/k and welcome!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Beaverton here as well, been lurking for a while.............
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Aw hell!  Not another WestSider!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#31]
West side represent!    

We really need to get a decent range out this way.....  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#32]
TCGC
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
TCGC

NO out here on the westside knuckelhead.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#34]
We really need to get a decent range out this way.....

+1
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#35]
I went to the same high school, and then the UW with Mac (same fraternity) but we lost touch a little when he moved to Orygun.  I knew he liked guns, but I had no idea he had BRD!!  Cool!

Good to reconnect old friend!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Welcome to the board from Salem.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Howdy,

Cliph from Eugene here. Federally trained professional m-16 shooter, now an AR-15 hobbyist.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

His house is pretty bad.  Over $100k in repair and probably 4-6 months minimum.  Store wise, everything's okay (albeit a little displaced) but he's looking for another location so hopefully something will work out (can you imagine a retail gun store in Beaverton?  ).

Hey Syph,

Would you happen to know if Chris is still up and running even with the damage to his house?  I stopped by yesterday to check on my order and it looked like he was closed.  His house did take a beating from that tree so I can see how the 100k number came about.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Hey Syph,

Would you happen to know if Chris is still up and running even with the damage to his house?  I stopped by yesterday to check on my order and it looked like he was closed.  His house did take a beating from that tree so I can see how the 100k number came about.

Yeah, he said the slab was cracked in about 6 places.  Not good.

He's not running any open storefront right now, that's for sure.  I think he's still trying to handle online stuff and you can probably call him too.  Hopefully he'll be back together in a few weeks or month or two.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I back again, lost my old log in so I had to make a new account
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top