Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 12:42:59 PM EDT
Just checking out the ARPC calendar that shows the USPSA 3-Gun Nationals in the end of July (23rd-31st). Thought, WOW little ole Albany is drawing quite a venue. Checked the  USPSA site and it too says Albany, Oregon. Anybody shoot 3-Gun or know anything about this?  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, I didn't even know they had  3-Gun stuff at ARPC. Might have to head up and spectate.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Can either of you get info on spectating passes?

Would come down to watch for sure! I wonder about press pas...thinking camera and camcorder?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I don’t think they have 3-gun… yet

They don’t even have approval from Linn County yet to use the new bays around the back side of the hill. I think they’re looking at it as if they build it, Linn County will come with an approval. I also don’t think they have their approval from the county to use rifle caliber firearms on the North Range. This was a part of their conditional use permit being zoned EFU. They’re working on a way to wiggle out from under the conditional use permit so they can have rifle caliber firearms on the North Range, but nothing as of yet.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless it's a range deal or a new ruling from USPSA,  USPSA does not require spectator passes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Unless it's a range deal or a new ruling from USPSA,  USPSA does not require spectator passes.

But what about access to the club itself?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no first hand knowledge, but I attended new member orientation at ARPC last week.

Comments from the 'man in charge' indicated that Linn Cnty Board is working in cooperation with ARPC to make several changes, including:

Rifle cartridges on north range. (police have asked for this)
Extended hours.
Remove full-auto time limits on main range.

He also talked about the additional bays on the north range as if they were fact.  No mention of needing Linn Cnty to approve them.

For once, it sounded like the government was helpful and supportive.  It seems they must have a good relationship with ARPC.

I doubt they would get the 3-gun nationals if the additional north range bays were in question.

I'll see if I can find out anything about watching the match.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#9]
gr8jab, welcome to the forum and welcome to the ARPC.

Just curious, who did your orientation?

As far as I know, those extra ranges have indeed been built, but lack the blessing of the county. I wouldn’t imagine it would be a problem, seems like the ARPC and Linn County are pretty chummy. There’s a lot of things that are changing around there, I guess we’ll all just have to hide and watch.

Something is messed up. The list from the link peta posted says Bend, but if you click one further it says Albany all over the place.

Great news!
We have made arrangements with the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club to host the 2006 MultiGun Nationals. The Albany club is only an hour and a half from the Portland airport and approx 15 minutes from major hotels and restaurants; much closer than Bend. The layout of the shooting bays will allow easy access to the stages, with no anticipated problems with wind and blowing sand. The Albany Rifle and Pistol Club is excited to host the match, and meeting with the Executive Board was a true pleasure. New props, host club cooperation and easy travel access will all have impact on participation. Several other MultiGun matches have sold out quickly, be sure to get your applications in early!
Michael Voigt
USPSA President

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#10]
as for parking, one of the lifers at the range said there was talk of shutting down the main rifle range and trap range and having everybody park downrange.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#12]
It was my understanding that many of the issues ARPC was having with full-auto shooting was not with the county government, but with their only neighbor out there. I've been warned to shoot slower with a 10/22 so as not to piss off the neighbor. I guess he goes so far as to record audio of things he thinks are full-auto shooting at none full-auto times then races down to the county to get the club shut down.

...just a little FYI.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I believe the full-auto thing is with the neighbor (who built his house between a rifle range and the interstate freeway), hadn’t heard the rest of it though.

Rifle caliber ammo on the North Range is part of the use permit issue with the county, and probably has something to do with the neighbor too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I will be shooting this match with the Columbia Cascade Junior Team, it should be a blast I guess I will see some of you there!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I believe the full-auto thing is with the neighbor (who built his house between a rifle range and the interstate freeway), hadn’t heard the rest of it though.

Rifle caliber ammo on the North Range is part of the use permit issue with the county, and probably has something to do with the neighbor too.

[thread hijack] Question for you ARPC people. What's the thought of how the vote will go on the Bylaw amendments?[/end thread hijack]

NMSight
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm thinking that the changes will be made and the dues will go up.

Just me though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I figured the dues were gonna go up soon because of how much more the range renovation cost than expected.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the arpc replies. I used to belong there when I lived in the valley. I was thinking about joining again so I could take my daughters there to shoot when I get to the valley occasionally. If it changes to an initiation fee I probably won't do it since it would be pretty expensive for 2 - 3 times per year.

NMSight
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes, I think the dues may go up.  Something like $6 per year, but don't quote me on that.  The 'work bond' or whatever it is called may go up a lot (like double) to encourage more volunteer involvement.  I think they may add an initiation fee as well.

I don't get the feeling they are dependent on the rate increase to pay for recent expenses.  There hasn't been a raise in 6 years, I think.

I really like that they take advantage of alternative revenue, such as the gun show, leasing the range to the police or independent firearms instructors, and the full-auto weekends.  It really helps fund expansion and keeps the dues nice and low.

The dues are really low too.  Dinner with my family at Outback is about the same as a year's membership.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#20]
IIRC the dues are supped to go from $48 to $60 per year.

They were talking about a "double the dues" or $100 imitation fee as well. That $100 would also apply to returning members who have let their membership lapse.

Don’t recall that the work bond was going up, but it may well.

It still is a fantastic place to shoot, is getting better and is relatively inexpensive.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Bump.

Who is planning on attending?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm hoping to go and watch a day or so.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I guess this is the next question...
What Albany member can play host to a handful of arfommers?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top