Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 10:39:34 PM EDT
I'm a lurker here (enjoying the hell out of the shoot videos :) but it looks like there are a lot of tri-county area local folks.  That's why I'm posting here.

I'm trying to decide on my next pistol (only my second gun so be gentle).

Is there any chance someone on here would have either a Sig P245 or a Kahr KP45 and would be willing to let me test fire it?  I've been able to test fire several of my other choices (all glocks) and was hoping to try out some other options before making my decision.  I'm a member out at TCGC so I could meet anyone out there.  You're welcome to give me a thorough going over before letting me touch your gun (man, that sounds really bad, especially with this bunch ;).  I'll even supply ammo for the session.

Oh, and in case you wonder, it's intended to be my carry piece and I'm leaning toward .45s.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:42:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm planning on going to the march PR match.  All I gots is a Glock 21C and a Kimber Tactical Custom.  My carry piece is a Glock 23 (.40 S&W) FWIW...

ETA:  How is anything gun-related off topic?  Actually, now that I think about it, what could be off tpoic?  We generally discuss anything, which usually devolves into giving each other shit using crude innuendos.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, only semi-offtopic :) because it is not rifle related in the least.  But you're right, that doesn't really seem to matter at all around here (which isn't a bad thing given the small population).

Maybe I'll try to get to the March PR to observe and bum a few shots from someone.  I actually tried out a 23, 30, and 36 yesterday and I ended up preferring the 30 over the 23.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a USP Fullsize .40 and a P2000SK in .40.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Closest I come is a 220, little larger than you are looking for.

Nick
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you checked PSTC and The Place To Shoot?  They may have a rental Kahr for you to play with.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]
TPTS was where I went.  No Kahrs or Sigs to rent but at least they had the whole Glock family.  Decent range but way too expensive plus it's hell and gone from where I live.

I've got a friend that's a member at PSTC (I think) so I may give them a whirl (or just drop in and pay the extra bucks).

Thanks for the responses all.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking of the P245 too, but went with a P229 in 40 Short & Weak instead. The P245 was just too small for my hands.

I should be at the March PR match too and would be happy to let you shoot the P229 if you like.

What other gun do you have? You might also consider Speed Steel (first Sunday of the month in the action pistol pits) to do some handgun work under the timer. It’s a lot of fun, pretty laid back (nothing like IPSC) and easy to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I've felt up a P245 (at the show last weekend) and it feels like a good fit.

Unfortunately my timing is a bit crunched so I may have to buy before the March PR.  There's a new baby coming and I've got to get some things out of the way before we become crib slaves for a month or two.  :)

And, alas and alack, this will be my first real high power.  I have the .22 (Buckmark, love it).  I do intend to try some of the action stuff but I need to get the gun and then do the training session at TCGC.  It will be summer before I can make that but no rush there.

Well, hope to meet some folks at the March PR.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#9]
If you’re interested in shooting Speed Steel at TCGC just show up with your Buckmark and a couple magazines (I’ll be happy to reload for you). I’m not a member so I just have to wait by the gate until someone comes through who is and I can follow them in.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool.  I just read back through the activity stuff.  I didn't realize .22s could go at it without a holster.

Well, thanks for the tip.  Assuming my schedule is free then I'll try to make it next Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I might go with my CZ Kadet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top