Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 1:26:02 PM EDT
I cant find out how to contact the ATF to find out the status of my suppressor papework.
anyone know it?

Ive heard people say that theirs is pending.  what exactly does that mean?  I know they cashed my check but that's it so far.  

Is 4 months the current average wait right now?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#1]
304-616-4500

There are apparently at least a couple of hot sounding women who answer this number.
I always get David ...

You will need your serial number, and to know your own name

Pending basically means that everything appeared to be present - all the forms, check etc, and its in the BIG PILE waiting for an ATF agent to pluck it out and make your day.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#2]
1-900-MIX-ALOT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Is 4 months the current average wait right now?

I got my AR can in exactly 2.5 months, mail box to mail box.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
1-900-MIX-ALOT

"my anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hon..."

Call the WV number. Serial number, type of form, your name (and potentially your address/transferror).

The order of your transfer:

- "Check cashed" = they have received your paperwork and cashed your check. Your forms have now been sent to Washington DC for data entry.
- "Pending" = your information has now been transcribed into the computer database and original paperwork sent to an examiner (usually in WV, but can be in DC) for review.
- "Approved" = forms sent back to your SOT/FFL with tax stamp.

From door to door during this time of year, plan on 3 months. Some people have gotten theirs in less than 60 days, but with the increase in volume and holidays it's been taking a bit longer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#5]
You could do side bends or situps.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Gee wiz guys!! thanks for all the fast responses!!

SWASS4LIF
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#7]
tag cause I just got the call that my forms are ready at Mult. Co.  Woo-hoo!  Only one week wait.  Didn't someone here still have one there?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top