Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 10:02:18 AM EDT
Anywho I was dropping off the key to my apartment, went down 82nd drove up to 122nd and back the same way, within 10 minutes just after we went through whatever happen must of happen.

There were cops, each intersection (even side streets) either a parked car with its lights on, or a cop with a flashlight and reflective jacket, around eastport plaza they had roughly 14 cop cars all around that intersection and flares going across the whole road of 82nd blocking traffic from  between holgate and powell.  This was between 12:30 and 1:30 am.

Anywho, this type of stuff always happens to us when we are out driving (big crime then we cant figure it out or whatever) and I cant find it on the news!

(2 times ago we were driving to the hospitol, got there waited about 10 minutes and they were bringing in that asian who was beat to death in a parking lot a few months back (3 blocks from the hospitol so we drove past it while it was happening and didnt notice), and again when there was a shooting on holgate near eastport we were there for that, saw the car that did it and him speed off, but only saw the asian guy on the news)

Its frustrating!  We thought we saw a tipped car last night but why would they block off the entire road, then put cops EVERYWHERE on foot and in cars (total atleast 50 police cars in a 15 block radius AT LEAST) for an accident?  

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be sure to shoot the 50 cal right next to your head when your back is turned....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It was rumored that WS4LIf was spotted streaking down the middle of the road with nothing but a tactical purse onhr

Cool! I just want to know what color it was. I hope you used a color to accentuate your coloring!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I should get a scanner...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#6]
deleted
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anywho I was dropping off the key to my apartment, went down 82nd drove up to 122nd and back the same way, within 10 minutes just after we went through whatever happen must of happen.

There were cops, each intersection (even side streets) either a parked car with its lights on, or a cop with a flashlight and reflective jacket, around eastport plaza they had roughly 14 cop cars all around that intersection and flares going across the whole road of 82nd blocking traffic from  between holgate and powell.  This was between 12:30 and 1:30 am.

Anywho, this type of stuff always happens to us when we are out driving (big crime then we cant figure it out or whatever) and I cant find it on the news!

(2 times ago we were driving to the hospitol, got there waited about 10 minutes and they were bringing in that asian who was beat to death in a parking lot a few months back (3 blocks from the hospitol so we drove past it while it was happening and didnt notice), and again when there was a shooting on holgate near eastport we were there for that, saw the car that did it and him speed off, but only saw the asian guy on the news)

Its frustrating!  We thought we saw a tipped car last night but why would they block off the entire road, then put cops EVERYWHERE on foot and in cars (total atleast 50 police cars in a 15 block radius AT LEAST) for an accident?  

Any help is greatly appreciated!

rubber necker...

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:21:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll be sure to shoot the 50 cal right next to your head when your back is turned....

That's ok, I got used to it last time

MIght be on on either side this time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Typically when you see a bunch of cops all around one area it is normal practice especially on 82nd. it's because when Crispy Kreme has a special they want to be first.

No seriously.. it's a Perimeter setup so when they have a suspect that runs into an area to big to spot the person easily they setup a perimeter and all cops wait for the perp to exit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah thats what the weird thing was.

They had a ton of them like they had one guy or the victim in one area so I was thinking whatever they were looking for ran off.  That and the fact they seemed to be stopping half the cars to talk to the people and probably take a peek in.

It eats at my brain!!  Like when you lose your wallet and you just HAVE to find it.  Or the remote.

Liz seems to think there was a sheet in the road and an upside down car but I would of figured something like that would of hit the news.  But then again so late maybe they just missed it totally.

Checking newspapers today!

But yeah, they probably sent the rookie over to get 12 dozen boxes of KK donuts :P  Them things are good.  Thats what the group of cop cars was!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#11]
82nd???  Uh I don't think we have a street over 8th....  Hmmmm  plus we only have one police car and the chief is going to be under indictment for theft, trespass and a few other things, so I don't know if they took the keys away from him yet or not....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh oh and I had to look it up.

"rubber necker" Gawking Onlooker...

I didnt look was the problem, liz looked :P  I was trying to avoid being pulled over or having to get all the way up to the road block to turn around.  I even turned 7 blocks prior, went way around and came back to 82nd to get food.  Only reason we were so close is we were headed to taco bell on the way home and it was within 40 yards of the main happening.  Theres like 7 entrences to the eastport plaza so we got to taco bell off of holgate instead of 82nd.

Liz is the Rubber Necker :P  Ive never heard so much whining because I wouldnt drive closer so she could see.

I just have a problem with knowing everything :P
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I should get a scanner...

Scanners are cool. I have a 10-year-old 200 channel one from RS that works pretty good. Remember, Portland, and maybe others, have a trunked system. This means you need a scanner that is also trunked. You're cost just went from $100 to $350. I am able to listen to Portland Police but you really have to pay attention. Each time the transmission ends, scaaaaaaaaaaaan, its off to a differnt freq. Milwaukie, Clackamas, OC I have no problem with.

I have not used it that much the last 5 years but it is fun to turn on once in a while. Be prepared to spend some time understanding the unit and finding the freq's you want...

RS has a nice portable on sale now. ~$150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top