Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:15:48 PM EDT
I finally got all moved in and all my utilities and what not turned on and the wife and I got the boxes unpacked. It was a bad move though for two reasons. My wonderful Grandmother died the Friday before our move so we had to move days earlier than we thought then leave the truck parked at the new house and go to the service in California. Boy was that the toughest thing I had to do. I sure wasn't ready to say good -bye to her.

The second thing was that my employer decided to F*&% me on my transfer. All of a sudden they didn't remember granting me a transfer. So they were going to lower my pay over four dollars an hour and only had 20 hours a week that they were going to give me. They told me all of this two days before I was supposed to move. THis company, Loomis, Fargo & Co., sucks big time!!! They care nothing for their employees and it shows. They didn't bother to tell me this way before I sold my other house or bought this one here in Roseburg. Anyhow they can have their job and they will know so much here soon.

OK one more rant. Holy crap does it cost a fortune to get an Orgon License and to get my vehicles licensed. Between my wife and I it will cost over $300. And this state still can't manage to find enough money fr schools...I call BS.

OK enough ranting. I am looking forward to meeting all of you guys here in the hoemtown forum and hopefully at some shoots.

BTW, anyone in Roseburg area hiring...I need a job that values its employees.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
OK one more rant. Holy crap does it cost a fortune to get an Orgon License and to get my vehicles licensed. Between my wife and I it will cost over $300. And this state still can't manage to find enough money fr schools...I call BS.

Interesting, I looked up their fees:

$5 for the Knowledge Test.
$54.50 for the license (8 year or $6.81/year).
$5 for plates
$108 for the vehicle registration (4 year, or $27/year).
$21 DEQ.
$55 Title
$7 VIN Inspection

$255.50 for each car and driver.

Assuming you have a second car (wife's), you are now at $511.00

Bend over and at least use some lube.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow didn't realize it was going to be that high. Iwas just rough guessing it by looking at thier fees. Although here in Roseburg we don't have to DEQ so that's $42 less.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Ha!  that is cheap.  

check some other states...  where the vehicle registration is a portion of the vehicle's value.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the burg!

Hey, yeah it cost a shitload to license your car, but you get to pump your own gas!

AS for jobs, good luck.

Home depot broke ground the other day, expect the applications to start flying before the foundation is set.

Caddock electronics up in Glide is hiring for a maintenance person right now, you should also check Mercy Hospitol too, but try to make that "temporary".  Check the VA as well, if you have been in the service you'll have a good shot at it and if I remember right, your house you purchased (hucrest I think?) is close by to it.

Good luck.  Hey, Af-lineman is in town untill Saturday as well, maybe we can all hook up for a beer after work (sorry) or one of these evenings soon.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]
DMV was 230 for my Bronco and mine and my wife's driver's licenses. We are stillwaiting to get the title to our exploder from the bank then we can plate that too; another $121. All told it will be $451...OUCH!!!

Hey petagunner a beer sounds good except I leave town on Friday for a family member's wedding on Saturday in Portland (). I good for Thrusday if you and AF can. Maybe I can get my buddy OregonArFan to show up too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:53:13 AM EDT
[#6]
What type of job are you looking for?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:17:10 AM EDT
[#7]
welcome to Oregon.  And good luck!  Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Winston ChurchillYoda "That's the sort of pedantic nonsense up with which I shall not put!"

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What type of job are you looking for?

Anything will do right now. You got soemthing for me?[on my knees begging please, please, please]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#10]
It would help to know background experience and ed.

www.multcojobs.org

Not in your area but if moving is an option.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Check here for jobs in your area:

http://www.emp.state.or.us/jobs/

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:23:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The second thing was that my employer decided to F*&% me on my transfer. All of a sudden they didn't remember granting me a transfer. So they were going to lower my pay over four dollars an hour and only had 20 hours a week that they were going to give me. They told me all of this two days before I was supposed to move. THis company, Loomis, Fargo & Co., sucks big time!!! They care nothing for their employees and it shows. They didn't bother to tell me this way before I sold my other house or bought this one here in Roseburg. Anyhow they can have their job and they will know so much here soon.

Sounds like you got the shaft from them just like I did.  Hope you find work soon.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sounds like you got the shaft from them just like I did.  Hope you find work soon.

Yup It's what they do best. You find work yet? I haven't had to hint for a job in over 5 years...this sucks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup It's what they do best. You find work yet? I haven't had to hint for a job in over 5 years...this sucks.

Check you IM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top