Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 3:41:20 PM EDT
Sept. 9-11 Oregon Airshow (Hillsboro/Portland, OR)

For those members living in the area.

Hosted at one of our local airports.

www.oregonairshow.com/oregonairshow_017.htm

U.S.A.F Thunderbirds
U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Team
A-10 Tac Demonstration Team with Heritage Flight
F-15 Oregon Air National Guard
Sean Tucker and Team Oracle
Red Baron Pizza Squadron
Eric Beard in Russian Thunder
Gene Soucy and Teresa Stokes
Above & Beyond featuring Smoke-N-Thunder Jet Car
Renny Price in Russian Sukhoi SU-29
Bud Granley - T-6 Show
T-6A Texan II West Coast Demo Team
Model Airplane Aerobatic Team
Military Fly-bys
Warbirds and Experimentals

The Red Baron squad and Eric Beard are really good. I haven't hear of Renny Price, but the SU-29 is a mean acrobatic plane. Pickle and I have watched the T-6A Texan II West Coast Demo Team playing around outside of Capitola, CA before.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Could we schedule any more things that weekend!!

GEEESS!

1.Fun show(I work)
2.Practical Rifle on sat.
3.Airshow
4.PattyFest (Cleanup/shoot to help Patty with her noew place)

Damm!
All that and my grandmother want ot have a potluck that weekend too!!!

CH
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Could we schedule any more things that weekend!!

GEEESS!

1.Fun show(I work)
2.Practical Rifle on sat.
3.Airshow
4.PattyFest (Cleanup/shoot to help Patty with her noew place)

Damm!
All that and my grandmother want ot have a potluck that weekend too!!!

CH

Yeah my sister decided to get married that weekend as well.  Of all the weekends!

You working the airshow NoAim, or just checking it out?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Well, when your brother was in the Air Force as an air traffic controller, you tend to get excited about these things.

I'll be checking it out for a day. I live no more than 5 minutes away from it. I'm going to see if I can't get access to my office roof.

I might go to the gunshow, it depends. But my plans are PR and Air Show.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, when your brother was in the Air Force as an air traffic controller, you tend to get excited about these things.

I'll be checking it out for a day. I live no more than 5 minutes away from it. I'm going to see if I can't get access to my office roof.

I'll definately be there.  I'd be missing out to finally see the Thunderbirds in Oregon.  They don't come through often.  That, and I need to keep the ORANG pilots in line ;)

My buddy also lives off John Olsen and Cornell, go there quite a bit.  You in Tannasbourne also?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:04:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My buddy also lives off John Olsen and Cornell, go there quite a bit.  You in Tannasbourne also?

I live in Jackson School. So, Cornell and Glencoe/First Street in Hillsboro.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:50:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The airshow is always great as long as it's not 95 degrees, and the only place you can find to sit is on the hot blacktop.  Been there done that.  Seeing the Thunderbirds & Blue Angels up close always give me the goosebumps!

Unfortunately I will not be able to make the airshow, but since I live in Aloha I will be able to see part of the Thunderbirds act as they fly overhead.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#7]
There is also the gun show that weekend at the PDX Expo center
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There is also the gun show that weekend at the PDX Expo center

yep.....second post
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't realize thats what you meant by "fun show"
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It's okay. Cape has is own way of speaking. It takes a while to understand that he's trying to be funny.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Thats what happens when you're from the sticks..................
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#12]
make sure to see the night show...  BOOM!

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's okay. Cape has is own way of speaking. It takes a while to understand that he's trying to be funny.

Your girlfriend thinks I am funny

And  Boo, didnt you just tell me you have a cow in the yard right next door? Geees at least here they are accross the pasture!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Cape_hunter- What booth do you work at in the gun shows?  I probably have seen you and others but didn't know who I was looking at.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Did someone say Cow???????

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Did someone say Cow???????

www.photobucket.com/albums/y121/Unka-Boo/P8200025.jpg

Is that a kobra sight?  

Got  beef!

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Yup. it's a Kobra. I can't wait till I get it sighted in.

As for T-Bone, he's supposed to be turned into steak........time will tell...
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Got  beef!

Looks like he's about to!

Mark.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You named your cow T-bone???

Mark.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You named your cow T-bone???

Mark.

The cows name is quite fitting.

T-bones are my favorite!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#21]
It's my neighbor's cow.........we're 2 blocks off of McLoughlin.......
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#22]
God I love this place!

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#23]
The Thunderbirds had a very close call this last weekend.

The Thunderbirds have been grounded until their investigation is completed.  Hopefully they will get the green light in time for the Hillsboro air show, but it does not look good.  

News
Midair mishap grounds Thunderbirds

August 22, 2005

BY MARK J. KONKOL Transportation Reporter
Advertisement

Chicago's Air and Water Show ended a few minutes early Sunday and without the ground-shaking maneuvers of a perennial crowd pleaser -- the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds.

The squadron's performance was cut short Saturday when two F-16 Fighting Falcons touched wingtips during a photo-op fly-by over North Avenue Beach.

Sunday morning, the Thunderbirds scrapped their grand finale flight and put the rest of their summer tour on hold until Air Force investigators can determine what went wrong.

"Taking a pause in the season is the prudent thing to do," the Thunderbirds commander, Lt. Col. Mike Chandler, said. "Every maneuver we do during our demonstration is designed and executed with safety as our first priority. An incident like this requires us to take a deeper look at what happened. . . . Once we're satisfied we've done that, we'll continue our season."

The midair collision occurred with the F-16s in diamond formation, speeding along the lakefront at 350 mph.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone know if the airshow is posted?  Better yet is the airfield considered to be part of the Port of Portland?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Anyone know if the airshow is posted?  Better yet is the airfield considered to be part of the Port of Portland?

you're good to go.

It wasn't posted last year and it is not part of the port (that I know of).
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The airport, which was acquired by the Port of Portland from the city of Hillsboro in 1966, is one of three general aviation airports operated by the Port. Each airport (Hillsboro, Mulino and Troutdale) is suited to particular segments of the general aviation industry.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The airport, which was acquired by the Port of Portland from the city of Hillsboro in 1966, is one of three general aviation airports operated by the Port. Each airport (Hillsboro, Mulino and Troutdale) is suited to particular segments of the general aviation industry.

So can one legally carry there without getting harassed by the POP?  I'd rather not be the test case.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So can one legally carry there without getting harassed by the POP?  I'd rather not be the test case.

Well, they are blocking off Cornell betweek Brookwood and 25th ave. for the airshow. You can walk around there and watch the planes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:21:33 AM EDT
[#29]
I see I'm within walking distance of NoAim. The military demo teams usually use the school by me as a referance point so I always get a good flyover.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it's operated by the Port, then it probably falls under their illegal regulation prohibiting firearms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top