Posted: 7/31/2005 11:21:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:45:31 AM EDT
[#1]
dont know anythang bout them but there fee's seem high
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Bleh... horrible website.  They need to fire there webmaster.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:43:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bleh... horrible website.  They need to fire there webmaster.

I auto DQ any company that has midi files playing on the main page. Its annoying as all hell and very grade schoolish if you ask me.

CH
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
OMG  I didn't have the speakers on the 1st time I checked out the site................that's f-ing hilariuos
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I wondered what Firefox had blocked. Yea the midi and crappy webpage lost all my confidence.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:18:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Seems "innocent" enough.

Don't drop the hammer too hard.

Rick

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Forget the MIDI...

I'm not touting Microsoft as being superior, but for the most part, the pop-up blocker works.

I got three pop-ups that evaded the blocker.

That's enough to make me hate that business.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Seems "innocent" enough.

Don't drop the hammer too hard.

Rick

This is exactly why I should drop the hammer hard.
Midi on a front page is very unproffessional. In this day and age, if you are going to do business out of your garage at least have a website that is easy to nav and is not intrusive.

There are too many good companies to choose from to waste time with one that cant invest in a serious webpage.

CH

ETA: WEBRINGS =
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
maybe I should send her a link to this thread

Go ahead.
Might do some good.
CH
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#12]
They're local to me, I checked them out for transfers..

After the convulsions and the flashbacks to 1996 stopped, I crossed them off the list.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They're local to me, I checked them out for transfers..

After the convulsions and the flashbacks to 1996 stopped, I crossed them off the list.

Your avitar is just cruel punishment! I am jonesin so bad for a PS90 its not even funny.
CH
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I did better webpages than that in high school

She may be very good at her business, just very naive about websites. I would not hammer her so badly just because the website sucks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I did better webpages than that in high school

She may be very good at her business, just very naive about websites. I would not hammer her so badly just because the website sucks.

If she cant take to represantation of her business serious enough to invest in at least a tolerable website then how can I be expected to trust in them? How will business be handled? With the same professionalism as that used to create her website?
CH
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Did someone say MIDI????

did anyone else play "Oregon Trail" on an AppleII ????????
if you did, you have MIDI burned in your head forever
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#17]
At least have decent music playing...  I have to go +1 for two thumbs down.....  This  Reminds of a bunny I once had.....  His name was Midi btw......
ll
ll
ll
VVVVVV
VVVV
VV
V

Click here for a cute bunny named Midi video.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I find this funny. The website for Glock, a major gun maker is also pretty bad, yet everyone buys guns from them!! Heck, they didn't even have a website at all until something like 2001/2002!! When they'd been selling guns for over 15 years+

Some people just believe in the old fashioned way of doing business in person and not feeling the need for a website at all. For instance, S&M gun and the Barons Den, major guns stores have either no website at all (S&M) or a horrible cookie0cutter Frontpage one (Barons Den). Yet people still visit these businesses! Why?? Because they have proven themselves in person.

Don't hate someone because her website is not on par with bushmaster.

BTW - Everyone preaches RRA's rifles, yet their website is not very well-done either.

I have been designing professional websites and studying them for over 10 years and there are serious  problems with their website that does not portray a professional image.

If you want examples about RRA's website, I can give'em.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I find this funny. The website for Glock, a major gun maker is also pretty bad, yet everyone buys guns from them!! Heck, they didn't even have a website at all until something like 2001/2002!! When they'd been selling guns for over 15 years+

Some people just believe in the old fashioned way of doing business in person and not feeling the need for a website at all. For instance, S&M gun and the Barons Den, major guns stores have either no website at all (S&M) or a horrible cookie0cutter Frontpage one (Barons Den). Yet people still visit these businesses! Why?? Because they have proven themselves in person.

Don't hate someone because her website is not on par with bushmaster.

BTW - Everyone preaches RRA's rifles, yet their website is not very well-done either.

I have been designing professional websites and studying them for over 10 years and there are serious  problems with their website that does not portray a professional image.

If you want examples about RRA's website, I can give'em.

Apples and  Oranges anyone?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Exactly. They're selling themselves on their product (Glock) and their storefront (S&M/Baron's Den). When you're selling your services with no presence other than your web site, it should be a good one. Yes, there are some shoddy ones out there (I happen to think Bushmaster AND Rock Rivers' sites are ass) but they aren't counting on them to sell themselves, just for information.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For instance, S&M gun and the Barons Den, major guns stores have either no website at all (S&M) or a horrible cookie0cutter Frontpage one (Barons Den).

Only in Oregon could there be a gun shop called S&M.

That's right. All that and silent go fast guns.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For instance, S&M gun and the Barons Den, major guns stores have either no website at all (S&M) or a horrible cookie0cutter Frontpage one (Barons Den).

Only in Oregon could there be a gun shop called S&M.

Starvin Marvin is still in business???  On Coburg road?  But I digress..... I cuoldn't handle that website long enuff to purchase anything myself....  I do a lot of ebaY, and if I try to look at an item and it has music playing or something stupid that follows my cursor around, it is instant rejection no matter how much I may want it....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#24]
See, Bushmaster, RRA and Glock may not have "great" websites, but they're clean and, for the most part, free of crap.

The website in question has stupid background music playing, which is annoying as hell, depending on the computer I'm at.  I hate having to scramble to turn down my speakers because of unexpected crap music.

Second, it's loaded with ads and popups that have zero relation to the site.

I have yet to see any of that at Bushmaster, RRA or Glock's website.

In this day and age, cheap webhosting is just that - cheap.

I have a couple of different hosting packages that provide me with 75GB of bandwidth/transfer per month, and 2.5GB of storage, along with about a billion email addresses - superfast and reliable - and the cost is about $95/year.  My webhost's hosting package prices are not uncommon in the industry.

There is ZERO reason for a business to have a website on a "free" host, or an ad-supported host that takes over the businesses webpage with obnoxious, untargeted and obtrusive ads.

It's tacky, tasteless and unprofessional, and in my mind, if the owner of the business feels the need for a website, and lets it look like that, I'd be frightened to walk into the brick-and-mortar store.

ETA: And wow, 11 different webrings!  A third of the page is devoted simply to the advertisements for stupid damned webrings, that have NOTHING to do with the business.

I've seen high-school kid's GeoCities pages that look more professional than that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top