Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2005 4:02:10 PM EDT
Went around today looking for 500 rounds of Wolf. Northwest Armory was selling it for $70.00 and Keith's was $65.00 for 500. And you can double that for 1000 rounds! Shit they're almost making Fairly Honest Don look good at those prices! Now everybody bend over!

Bang
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought 39 boxs of Q3131A @$3.99 each at Bi-Mart today. Not a great deal, but beats S&H on mail order. I allways wait till a gun show to buy Wolf, I won't pay more than $99 a case for .223/$79 a case for 7.62. I normally buy from outdoor marksman, but there is another guy I saw at Roseburg last time, he's better to deal with. I allways keep at least five cases of each on hand, that way I never get screwed by being "desperate" for ammo when I buy, I shop at my leasure.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I buy my Wolf at gunshows.  Only place around Eugene that has Wolf is GI Joes anyway, $2.99 a box.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell, Ammoman wants $125. to the door so $130. OTC at Keiths isn't really too far out of line.  The planets lined up just right the last time I ordered and I got a case to the door for $101. from Sportsmans Guide.  It shows up at a discount every now and again.  By the time I drive over to Portland, pay for parking and entrance fee for the show it probably falls in the same neighborhood as to-the-door delivery.

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#4]
That wasn't the worst. I saw a box of Federal 55gr. Trophy Bonded Bearclaw that I have been wanting to try out. I have seen it on line at Outdoor Marksman for around $13.00 a box. Keith's wanted $21.00 for one box!!!

Bang
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of the local gun stores jack up their ammo prices because that's where the money is.  Honest gun shops do not make a whole lot of money on the firearms they sell, so they jack up the prices on their accessories such as ammo.

It's kinda like fast food places they sell a Whopper for .99, and then sell you a soda fo $1.79.  The product cost for a Whopper is probably  65%, and the product cost for the soda is around 14%.  They make their money on the ancellary products, and make little on the items that bring the customers to  their store.  The voice from the magic box will alway ask you would you like something to drink with that , and would you like some fries?

I am a smart shopper like most here & order my ammo on line, purchase it at Bi-Mart, or pick it up at a gun show.  

BTW I picked up some more Q3131A at the local Bi-Mart today!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Outdoor Marksman in Salem usually has Wolf at decent prices.  At the Salem, Albany or Portland gun shows, they frequently have better prices than their website.  They are a Miwall distributor.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Thing is on my budget, I'm not saving anything by going to the gunshows. Buy the time I pay for parking and admission I'm paying the same price. And I know buying online with shipping cost about the same but at least I don't have to drive into town to get it. Keith's used to have better prices but I guess they have to pay for that new building.

Bang
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Outdoor Marksman in Salem usually has Wolf at decent prices.  At the Salem, Albany or Portland gun shows, they frequently have better prices than their website.  They are a Miwall distributor.

Yup!  I usually wait until I have a reason to go down I5 and I'll check prices on the internet and stop in there and stock up - they are really close to I-5 so just hop off the freeway and get a coffee, a few thousand rounds of 5.56 and get back on the road.

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm just a few miles from Salem and I didn't even know they existed! Thanks,I'll check it this week end.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:13:18 AM EDT
[#10]
While on the subject of ammo is Cascade Ammo in Roseburg still in business? They used to have great deals.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:37:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm just a few miles from Salem and I didn't even know they existed! Thanks,I'll check it this week end.

Wait!  They are usually closed on Fridays, usually at some gun show.  A year ago I didn't know this and showed up at the warehouse.  They were loading the truck, but still sold me a few cases at the show price!  But, they are usually gone by noon.

If you go to the shows that have a decent admission price and no parking, they are a good deal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
While on the subject of ammo is Cascade Ammo in Roseburg still in business? They used to have great deals.

I've bought from these guys too.  Watch the shipping costs, they can eat you up.

After a few orders I gave up on them.  Both times UPS lost the order.  It turned out one shipment was stolen and one shipment broke open.  I attribute both of these problems to placing shipping label on the cardboard ammo box and calling it good.  Two months later, the replacement shipments came and they were really beat up.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Man sometimes its hard to beat Bi-Mart.  I really miss that place.  They usally have  a decent selection of ammo, at a fair price.  I used to alway by the CCI when it when on sale.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yes, and I think their prices are on the high side. I pay five bucks to go to the GS then buy six thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Yah, Outdoor Marksman is closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I picked up 1000rds of Wolf 62gr 5.56 for $110 and 1000rds of Federal XM855 for $190  on Wednesday.

Last case of 7.62x39 that I bought was $85 or $90.

It's about $100/1000rds now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Price increases are everywhere.  Keith is blaming higher transportation costs on the goods...gas increases.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Man sometimes its hard to beat Bi-Mart.  I really miss that place.  They usally have  a decent selection of ammo, at a fair price.  I used to alway by the CCI when it when on sale.  

Yeah, and lately they have been carrying Q3131A.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and lately they have been carrying Q3131A.  

Check on that. I was at the Cottage Grove store and is was green taged (wich I was told meant that they were getting rid of it and not ordering any more), so needless to say, I bought everthing they had left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top