Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 4:11:57 PM EDT
Are there any stores in the Portland area that stock AK's? I've never seen one at a store. Is it a special order type deal or what?

P.S. I'm looking for SAR's.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't looked in awhile but Keith's in Gresham had some and so did The Gun Broker in Tigard.

Bang
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Really. I never saw an AK at the gun broker. Of course sometimes I only see what I'm going for in the first place. Took me a couple of times to see the MP5's they had in stock for a while.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The Gun Broker is where I got my SAR.

Bang
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Those are some good people down there. When did you get it and how much?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Wes at the Philomath Gun Shop has some SARs ( I know, not too close to Portland). I’ve seen some pretty good looking AK at the Portland shows, but I don’ think that there is that great of a demand for them around here. I really like them so I have decided to order a bunch of the OOW receivers, buy some parts kits, and have them built (probably by one of the smiths back in Ohio). I figure that this is probably the best way to get exactly what I want.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Should have gone to the Portland gun show last weekend.  There were lots of SARs and some Siagas.  Prices seemed to be OK, about $300 - $350 for a SAR-1.

Next weekend there is a ARPC gun show in Albany.  I'm sure you'll find several there.  Keith's, Philomath Gun Shop  and other should be there.  The gun Broker, Tigard or Clackamas has always been a little more expensive.

http://www.arpc.info
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't have funds at the moment. Lookin' at a few months so maybe I'll try the show in November.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#8]
about all i have found in portland is rom ak's
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That's what he's looking for.

Quoted:

Bang
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what he's looking for.

Quoted:

Bang

I think it was sarcasm.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#11]
www.gun-zone.com
i got a rom ak for him few weeks ago at gunshow
hes just starting out
really nice guy  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Are they SAR's or WASR's? Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:38:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Really. I never saw an AK at the gun broker. Of course sometimes I only see what I'm going for in the first place. Took me a couple of times to see the MP5's they had in stock for a while.

I bought one there a few years ago.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#14]
theres also a guy in ee from wash selling a sar go pick it up and u dont gotta deal with the paper
altho he wants 4 bills and i dont think its worth it  mayb u can jew him tho
theres also a guy about hour outside portland that deals with exotics he also has sar's 1 and 2
http://www.pcarms.com
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:20:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Have you tried the The Gun Shop in Ballston, OR?  I've bought a few guns from them and noticed a SAR-1 there a few months ago.  He tends to flow a lot of stuff through his shop at good prices.  If you are there at the right time, you can get some killer deals on used stuff.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#16]
icecream truck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top