Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2021 1:10:12 AM EDT
How the hell do they ever get anything delivered like this??  Check out where it started, where it goes and where it ends... (Still waiting on delivery btw)

Sep 2
8:17 pmDeparted FedEx location
INDEPENDENCE, KY

Sep 2
1:39 amArrived at FedEx location
INDEPENDENCE, KY

Sep 1
11:54 pmIn transit
KENNESAW, GA

Sep 1
10:20 amDeparted FedEx location
INDEPENDENCE, KY

Aug 31
11:47 amIn transit
WOLCOTT, IN

Aug 30
10:45 pmLeft FedEx origin facility
OTTUMWA, IA

Aug 30
4:04 pmArrived at FedEx location
OTTUMWA, IA

Aug 30
4:05 pmArrived at FedEx location
INDEPENDENCE, KY

Aug 30
10:11 amShipment information sent to FedEx

Aug 30
9:25 amPicked up
OTTUMWA, IA
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, it is FedEx (home of let's see how f'ed up we can make your package before we deliver).
I have had shipping issues like you posted from different carriers in the past. I blame it on the computers that do the sorting. However, I despise FedEx shipping the most. Whenever I buy something online and it shows FedEx shipping, I cringe and wonder if my stuff won't be broke or partially missing.

Best of luck to you and hopefully your stuff arrives soon and in good condition.

Oh yeah, USPS tracking sucks the worst!
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, if it'd gone to the FedEx hub in Austell, it'd still be there.  And still be there.  And still be there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#3]
It was supposed to be delivered yesterday.  Today's update is that they sent it from Kentucky to North Carolina.  Best guess is that they will send it from North Carolina to Montana and then to Uruguay.  

Aug 30th they send it to Independence Kentucky and from there they send it to THREE other states (including a town in Georgia about an hour away from me) only to finally send it back to Independence Kentucky!!!! WTF???
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Fedex recently sent a package that is supposed to come to me to Montgomery from Atlanta and said we can not get it back to Georgia. I think they destroyed it. It is about $7,000 . We had the manufacturer ship us another one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
It's crazy.  Is FedEx the only carrier that delivers powder?  

If FedEx is Brownells shipper I'm done buying from them after this.  One and done.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#7]
So this morning the tracking was "updated".  It now says the package (powder) is "on FedEx vehicle for delivery in Norcross".  I'm in Snellville.  It also changed the estimated delivery date again from yesterday to "Tuesday Sep. 7".  So is it on the truck out for delivery or arriving on Sept. 7th?

It originally said it required a signature for delivery so if that's true do I cancel my plans and stay home again today (as I've had to do since the 2nd which was the date it was supposed to arrive)?  Do I have to stay at home every hour of the day until it finally arrives?  What happens if it they show up before the 7th and no one is here to sign for it?  This is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
It gets better.....

We had plans today to go to a car show but I had decided not to go since I had no idea when the FedEx truck would arrive.  I get up early and they updated the tracking to say the estimated delivery date was now the 8th!

So the sis and I go to the car show and sure enough, we get home and there's a sticker on the door from FedEx.  The driver didn't even bother to write in any of the info (like redelivery info).  He just left all the stuff blank and stuck it to the door.

Now I'm really, really pissed off and have no idea what's happening next.  About a half hour later I get an Email from Brownells saying "we're sorry we missed you, the driver will attempt another delivery on the 8th!!".   We still haven't gotten to the 7th which was the last date they said it would be delivered before changing it this morning!

Un-frickin-believable.....

Guess I'll see tomorrow if it shows up.  Of course they all seem to be living in the future while we're in the past, so who knows what will happen.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah Fedex tracking is shit.

I won't order from Brownells for ammo or components because they require a signature and Fedex is their preferred carrier.

I work for Brown and can get my stuff off the truck in the AM before it leaves my center, if it's anything that needs a sig.

I avoid Fedex shipping anytime possible.  I will USPS before them and that says a lot in itself.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#11]
The story has come full circle...

This morning they changed the delivery date back to the 7th....

Then they delivered it this morning, the 5th.

And to add more insanity.....

This time they left it on the porch and left without requiring the signature that caused all the problems to begin with!!

If they didn't care about the signature why couldn't they just deliver it normally from the frickin beginning??

Oh well, I have the powder.  They lost a customer and I've learned to avoid FedEx like a Chinese lab worker.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#12]
So far, my order that is going from Louisiana to Arizona has arrived at the FedEx facility in Massachusetts.

I'm guessing that this is that great-circle thing where it is shorter to fly over the Arctic than directly east or west across the ocean?
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Wait till they ship it to Arizona and then back out to some state across the country before starting it's tour back to Arizona
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#14]
That shortcut through Kentucky was so good, they took it more than once.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL, I hadn't thought of it like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top