BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2021 11:49:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:24:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Does this mean no more political posts here as in GD?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#3]
This place has been monitored since it existed, that was according to a neighbor in Maryland who worked at the place watching.......
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No.  It means be careful about how you post them, the overall rules haven't changed - no discussions of illegal actions.  Protesting is fine - advocating breaking into government buildings, tarring and feathering politicians, burning down certain social media companies, etc... is not.  Some people were unfortunately allowing their emotions to rule in GD and were discussing illegal actions in response to their belief that this past election was fraudulent.  The Left is on the warpath, try to avoid giving them unnecessary ammunition.  One reason to move political discussions out of GD was so they couldn't be indexed as easily by Google and others, eventually Politics will require an account but not a paid membership, once Goatboy has been able to code it and things have settled down slightly.  He's also working on coding changes to allow changing usernames and deleting individual posting histories, as well as being prepared to move to new hosting solutions since Amazon is fully cooperating in shutting down conservative sites that give them an excuse to do so, while we've seen them leave Left-leaning sites and even insurgent groups alone.
View Quote

Crazy times..... and it's only going to get worse.  Buckle up folks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I have seen this place mentioned in ATF cases as a place the government regularly monitors. Has been for years. If you can land that job it pays 6 figures
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have seen this place mentioned in ATF cases as a place the government regularly monitors. Has been for years. If you can land that job it pays 6 figures
View Quote

It's possibly one reason it won't get shut down, too much intel gathered here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's possibly one reason it won't get shut down, too much intel gathered here.
View Quote

Their resolve to shut anything and anyone down who as the slightest right of Stalin political views, is obviously their goal. I don’t take lightly what they are doing and neither should anyone here. We are on our own, trust between folks is going to get tested and relationships destroyed.
 They aren’t even in full control yet and their minions are doing their bidding, all in and in bed together, media, tech and pols. Their voters are even worse as the useful idiots they are.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:34:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Their resolve to shut anything and anyone down who as the slightest right of Stalin political views, is obviously their goal. I don’t take lightly what they are doing and neither should anyone here. We are on our own, trust between folks is going to get tested and relationships destroyed.
 They aren’t even in full control yet and their minions are doing their bidding, all in and in bed together, media, tech and pols. Their voters are even worse as the useful idiots they are.
View Quote

I have withdrawn significantly from my "friends" on the other side of the aisle...... Having trouble stomaching the sight of them frankly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have withdrawn significantly from my "friends" on the other side of the aisle...... Having trouble stomaching the sight of them frankly.
View Quote

While a get where you are coming from that won't help matters.

I have been trying to provide the other side of the story, so to speak, to those around me on the opposite side of the aisle.

I try not to force it, but if a topic is brought I will give my opinion and perhaps a video or article that supports my position.  It doesn't always work, but I find it works better than saying nothing or ghosting them.  It is also important to not get angry, can be difficult especially considering the nature of the relationship you might have with the individual.  If you can't prevent anger I suggest you keep your mouth shut and walk away as almost no one can be turned with vitriol.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Family is even worse, I know what you speak of. We need a local HTF meet up geographically for discussions.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#12]
It's gonna be bumpy, the new admin is looking for a reason, any reason to further infringe on our rights. I am not an active poster, but am interested if there is a HTF meet up in north GA.

I would really like to go to the capital this weekend, but am cynical enough to believe it is a set up, but a HTF local organized meet up to meet like minded folks would be great.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can attest to that. I had to block my sister in laws phone number yesterday and I won't be going to any family functions anymore after she implied I was a racist after the thing at the Capitol. Yeah she was a Biden supporter and she voted for Warnock also. She has repeatedly talked down about the my professions ( Law Enforcement, Airborne Infantry) and like a good husband I tried to keep the peace. But yeah what he said.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I can attest to that. I had to block my sister in laws phone number yesterday and I won't be going to any family functions anymore after she implied I was a racist after the thing at the Capitol. Yeah she was a Biden supporter and she voted for Warnock also. She has repeatedly talked down about the my professions ( Law Enforcement, Airborne Infantry) and like a good husband I tried to keep the peace. But yeah what he said.
View Quote

That sucks and points towards an inevitable balkanization, when people can't even exercise common decency what else can be done.  Blocking her is probably for the best, hopefully your wife understands.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That sucks and points towards an inevitable balkanization, when people can't even exercise common decency what else can be done.  Blocking her is probably for the best, hopefully your wife understands.
View Quote

Yeah she does. This has been building. She moved Minneapolis several years ago and moved back in 2016 and was a completely different person. Always had snide remarks or would talk about some cop killing a person of color and try to goad me into something but I would just show her fact then walk away. yeah its beyond that now. yeah it's for the better.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I see several comments about getting together locally.  Make sure your listed with town/county in the HTF sticky.

However, for those who don't already know.... there is a HTF NV Shoot on the 23rd @EMU 's place, which I think will be the best possible timing for a get together.

Let the 20th come and go and stay far from the traps being set at state capitals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top