Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2020 11:20:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a crazy idea actually, even if 80% pass the driving test first try. I wish they would start testing yearly once you hit a certain age or a re-test after accidents when the driver is at fault or their license has been suspended. There are too many people driving now that have no business behind the wheel.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 1:06:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is a crazy idea actually, even if 80% pass the driving test first try. I wish they would start testing yearly once you hit a certain age or a re-test after accidents when the driver is at fault or their license has been suspended. There are too many people driving now that have no business behind the wheel.
View Quote
Should be an annual test for everyone, where if you miss a question you have to keep trying until you get it correct, then the missed questions appear at the end of the test again to make sure you got it.

With DOT's overusing yield signs many people seem to think those turning left anywhere have the right of way.  People don't understand who has the right of way when merging, etc...
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with annual testing. I think you should be tested in a sim rig. When you sit in the drivers seat a collar should automatically close around the drivers neck. Every time the driver makes a mistake (no seatbelt, not merging properly, whatever) the driver should get a shock from the collar. Three shocks and the driver fails and must wait a year to retest. I hate people that can't drive.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
On the old Subguns board a guy suggested folks over 70 should have a walker welded to their vehicle roof to warn others of the potential danger.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By broncobisley1:
Should be an annual test for everyone, where if you miss a question you have to keep trying until you get it correct, then the missed questions appear at the end of the test again to make sure you got it.

With DOT's overusing yield signs many people seem to think those turning left anywhere have the right of way.  People don't understand who has the right of way when merging, etc...
View Quote

To be honest, I don't think a yearly test will matter.

Not until they find a way to test for "asshole driver" at least.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top