Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2014 4:58:04 PM EDT
I shot my first match in over a dozen years this past weekend. My gun was put together a month or so ago from parts I just had lying around. The gun ran great on Sunday, but the plain jane YHM free float tube has got to go. It's too short, too heavy, and retains way too much heat for my liking. I'd like something in the 13"-15" range. It doesn't have to be the highest speed, lowest drag kit out there. Just at a cursory look, Rainer has 15" keymod rail for $200. Is there something better in the same price range? Better alternatives in same range? Buy once/cry once and go Noveske/something else??? New Geissele/Magpul MLOK?

Here's how the gun turned out (I've since put a Battlecomp on it):

Untitled by jsnyng, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I run a 15" AP Customs tube and have been very happy with it.  But I prefer something with some angles on it.  I will probably switch to the new AP tupe that is either a hexagon or octagon but am in no hurry.  The current one works great and has survived being thrown in dump barrels many times.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It's hard to beat the 15" Samson Evo rails.  They're streamlined and clean, but I can bolt on QD mounts and rail sections when I need a sling, bipod or light depending on the match.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:56:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd have to agree on the Samson Evolution...I like 'em so much the 10 inch is the OEM handguard for my 16 and 11 inch AR45's
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of good rails out there right now.  As long as the barrel nut is a solid you'll be good to go.

Come out and shoot the Noveske ATL 3 Gun, its a awesome match!

www.Atlanta3Gun.com

View Quote

That's what I shot this past weekend. I'm already looking forward to the July match.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I run the JP Custom and really like the rail system. I like them longer too..
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I just put a 13" BCM KMR on my gun and love it!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anybody on the north side of Atlanta stock any of these rails? I'd like to put my hands on a few to figure out what I really want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top