Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2013 7:20:11 PM EDT
Hey All, like the topic says, Just looking to meet some chill/safe/knowledgeable gun buddies who are into a little more than shootin paper. I'd like to meet someone/group with a few acres, who would be interested in, or already has some steel target/ lane / range who enjoys some run-n-gun, gear, training. It doesnt have to be some multi-thousand dollar set-up, being in the army has showed me a little creativity can take training to the next level. I understand these kinds of set-ups arent cheap and take some time and effort to maintain...so I'd even be willing to pay for usage to help the owner maintain the property. Like I said, it doesnt have to be some crazy expensive set-up, mostly lookin for good company, who enjoy training, speed reloads, stress shooting, weapon transitioning, fast target transitioning, testing gear, I could really care less on range, if you got 50-100m to use, I'd be happy with that.

*Im not lookin to just come to someones land and shoot... I'd like to meet and hang out with some individuals who are into that next level of shooting.
*Im 28, married, kids...FAIRLY mature...most of the time. not to say I won't laugh at a well timed fart.

Safety is a HUGE thing for me with this style of fun. Im EXTREMELY aware or muzzle orientation, use of weapon safety, when to keep finger in and out of trigger guard ect, left and right range limits ect.. and I'm looking for shooters who are disciplined enough to do the same.... Im all about some fun, but the second you flag me with a loaded rifle, I'll probably pack up.

last thing, Must be AK friendly haha, I won't trash talk your AR's, please dont trash talk my AKs, its my platform of CHOICE =P.

Thanks for reading.
-Austin
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
For some reason us South Georgia boys don't congregate or associate with each other like our northern brethren. We know each other exist but that's about it.

Guys up north have to become members of clubs and go to matches, which is good because it fosters relationships (I guess lol). Down here everyone just shoots in their back yards; most counties do not even have ranges. Most people are going to be reluctant to have an internet stranger come to their home with an AK.

Saying that, what branch where do you live/stationed and where are you from. Feel free to PM if you don't want to post.  

Bet your a Yankee stationed at moody. if your in valdosta I could maybe help you get in little river gun club but I would not call it a run and gun place.

Lol it's like craigslist up in here and I responded
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:19:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah man I figured it may be a long shot, you are right about the internet stranger thing. I'm actually stationed down here at fort Stewart lol, the good ole' 3ID
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:40:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah man I figured it may be a long shot, you are right about the internet stranger thing. I'm actually stationed down here at fort Stewart lol, the good ole' 3ID
View Quote

You're not too far from me, I know there are a few other Savannah arfcomers here but I haven't associated with them. At least not knowingly. I would love to shoot but I'm moving soon and selling most of my rifle ammo.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm close, but I've only been to one Tactcal Carbine/Pistol class......back in '05

I do like to hunt on Fort Stewart
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry but your a few hundred miles from me.

Good luck on the hunt for a gun boyfriend
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in the Savannah area and am also looking for some land to "run-n-gun" as you call it.  If I find any leads I'll be sure to let you know.  We SE arfcommers should all get together so we can be cool like the yanks.

Wm
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I think others will be willing.  I place to shoot will be a challenge.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live in the Savannah area and am also looking for some land to "run-n-gun" as you call it.  If I find any leads I'll be sure to let you know.  We SE arfcommers should all get together so we can be cool like the yanks.

Wm
View Quote

I agree. Go chat upthe guys at Dean Forest. They have a decent set up and do a little on the weekends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top