Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2013 11:58:08 AM EDT
Well I just love being able to escape Atlanta early on a rainy/drizzly day and all of a sudden some idiot just comes right over into your lane and slams into the side of your truck.  Wonderful happenings on 75/85 Southbound @approx 3:20 PM today. Offenders in a Honda Odyssey van from Michigan (handicapped tag of course). Sitting here at John Wesley Dobbs and Jesse Hill Jr after I finally got them to stop. APD on the scene, not so bad reaction time.

Update: APD is good to go today, cop was way cool, hammering on them now
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
So, they weren't going to stop? WTF?

ETA: What kind of truck?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

My dad got rearended on 75s right where 85 exits to the left. He said the guy slammed into him and cut immediately to the ramp and disappeared. No damage to my dads car but I imagine his hitch did a number to the other guy.

Glad you got them stopped OP.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah she just kept on going like nothing happened. I had already moved over to call the PD and she was gone. I caught back up and told her to pull over. Happened right at North Ave/ Varsity on 75/85 and got her to exit at Jesse Hill.
My truck is a 2010 GMC.  Smashed a big hole in the pass headlight assembly and dented the fender. Responding officer was great
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
my father and I were heading north around the same area and a car just merged into us. My dad held strong in the fast lane but I think it suprised the other driver. He snatched the wheel crossed every lane (without hitting anyone ) and slammed into the wall. We pulled over but when we saw the mexican dude jump from his car, leap over the wall, and haul ass we just went to the next exit.

Finally the po po show up and tell us the driver fled the scene. Crazy thing though. The car had some mexican insurance company...that paid up.

anyway be glad you weren't injured. you can fix the truck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top