Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2012 3:48:44 PM EDT

Mark, Jason and Dave, Thank you guys for all your help and patience. Panzer, thanks for the input. Shep, thanks for the posts.

When I tell you I love my gun, its an understatement.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
lol. Are you sleeping with it? She looks good.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Art of the Dynamic Salesman.....that's good stuff.  Truth of it is, I find myself looking around the house for something to take up there to get work done on as talking with Mark and the guys is an absolute pleasure.  Plus Adam's beard is so awesome it's worth the drive by itself.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#3]
They really are great guys.  That rifle looks awesome!
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
lol. Are you sleeping with it? She looks good.

A gentleman doesnt kiss and tell

If my wife finds out how much it cost, its all I'll be able to sleep with

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn that looks good.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]
The gun looks awesome!  we are going to have to go shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks good.  Bet it'd look even better if you pulled the covers down a bit, lol.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks good.  Bet it'd look even better if you pulled the covers down a bit, lol.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. The front looks good though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 1:37:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The gun looks awesome!  we are going to have to go shoot it.

<Lone Waitie> But its not for shootin' , just for lookin thru  <Lone Waitie>
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:59:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Just to be clear, the chassis and the glass are not mine. My chassis is on order and I told Mark about this 800yd range just down the road from my project here in Douglas, so he told me to send my dad by.
HUH? WTH? He put my barrelled action in his AX chassis because he didnt want me to miss the oppurtunity to shoot at Parkers in Pearson. WOW. I just have to say, that is the kind of company Accurate Ordnance is. If you just got what you paid for you got a great deal, but in my experience, you never just get what you paid for. Whether its just a little added detail, priceless knowledge or something like this, I always walk out of there blown away by the team.

I took her straight to the range on Monday, they were closed. But Tuesday was the day.

Specs:
Trued 700 action
22" Rock Creek Barrel
Breakout Mount for 762SD
Timney Trigger
Badger/Surgeon lovechild Knob (forgot mfr)
NF Rings, Base and Glass
AX Chassis

Parkers Gun Shop in Pearson, Ga 800 yds with covered benches and its absolutley FREE.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:16:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Sent 60 rounds down range and I learned a lot. Honestly, I cant wait for Sheps class so I  can speed up the learning curve and learn the most from each shot.

My best group was.362. I could get two to kiss and then I would go full retard on the third. Its kind of a bummer when you cant blame the equipment. I also got a group of 5 in .692 at 200 yds. To say I was impressed is an understatement. Finally before I left I decided to give 800 a try , WTH. After the tenth try ( so much to learn ) I saw the Impact on a steel Jeep rim. It was an amazing feeling.

Again, Mark, Jason and Dave, Thank you guys.

P.S. and yes Mark I will sanitize the chassis before I bring it back.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 4:22:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 4:48:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice build....

To be honest if thats your first time shooting to 800 with that rifle with no confirmed dope and no spotter....10th round is respectable.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 5:42:05 AM EDT
[#14]
They're all asses up there..... I keed I keed. Great guys. And as soon as I can get my moms Christmas present glock back from them, I'm dropping off a savage to see what they can do with it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#15]

I have read very good things about the guys at AO, their work and
services on a few different forums. They have an excellent reputation.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just to be clear, the chassis and the glass are not mine. My chassis is on order and I told Mark about this 800yd range just down the road from my project here in Douglas, so he told me to send my dad by.
HUH? WTH? He put my barrelled action in his AX chassis because he didnt want me to miss the oppurtunity to shoot at Parkers in Pearson. WOW. I just have to say, that is the kind of company Accurate Ordnance is. If you just got what you paid for you got a great deal, but in my experience, you never just get what you paid for. Whether its just a little added detail, priceless knowledge or something like this, I always walk out of there blown away by the team.

I took her straight to the range on Monday, they were closed. But Tuesday was the day.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k540/ExKalifornian/700right.jpg

Specs:
Trued 700 action
22" Rock Creek Barrel
Breakout Mount for 762SD
Timney Trigger
Badger/Surgeon lovechild Knob (forgot mfr)
NF Rings, Base and Glass
AX Chassis

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k540/ExKalifornian/range2.jpg

Parkers Gun Shop in Pearson, Ga 800 yds with covered benches and its absolutley FREE.

Free free? Free?
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#17]
i emailed them a few days ago with some questions about work that i needed done and never got a response
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
i emailed them a few days ago with some questions about work that i needed done and never got a response

[email protected]

Mark will get back to you, but the spider monkey gets busy sometimes....
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Start shooting 5 shot groups at least. Last week I had a 3 shot one hole group...Literally all in the same hole...And then 2 more about 3/8" away. 3 shots are not even close to being a representation of how a gun shoots. A real test is how it holds together with 10.

Silvers over at ST did a great write up showing how groups expand quite a bit as you increase the round count. Rarely does your 4th or 5th fall inside the 3 shot group.

Link Posted: 2/11/2012 3:52:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 5:01:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 5:59:48 AM EDT
[#22]
...and @accurateordinance.com won't get email to us.  Make sure it is @accurateordnance.com.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Another range day on the books and today I learned that when you are fighting the flu, dont waste ammo, and pretty much everyshot is a waste when you have the shakes

I also learned a deeper appreciation of this rifle after shooting about 20 rounds through my dads Tikka Lightweight Hunter. Im not a big fan of recoil ,neither is my shoulder

My final lesson came when his scope flopped over to the side because of the cheapa$$ rings he used coupled with the cheapa$$ scope that had turrets labeled 1/8 moa and

they adjusted at much closer to 1/4moa but not really. So the lesson of cheap glass and rings is now permanent. My mom even jumped on the gun and was out at 200yds.

P.S. it was nice meeting you Lowdown(I think thats the right screen name)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top