Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2011 6:49:47 PM EDT
Got a call while at work last week telling me that the Blockbuster around the corner just got robbed and to be aware.

Where I work is across from a middle school. I dont care what my employer says, as my life is more important, just wanted to know if I would be breaking the school zone law if I decided to carry at work? I think I would, but am not sure if my workplace is an exception.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Got a call while at work last week telling me that the Blockbuster around the corner just got robbed and to be aware.

Where I work is across from a middle school. I dont care what my employer says, as my life is more important, just wanted to know if I would be breaking the school zone law if I decided to carry at work? I think I would, but am not sure if my workplace is an exception.

Read 16-11-127.1

(d)(1) This Code section shall not prohibit any person who resides or works in a business or is in the ordinary course transacting lawful business or any person who is a visitor of such resident located within a school safety zone from carrying, possessing, or having under such person's control a weapon within a school safety zone; provided, however, it shall be unlawful for any such person to carry, possess, or have under such person's control while at a school building or school function or on school property, a school bus, or other transportation furnished by the school any weapon or explosive compound, other than fireworks the possession of which is regulated by Chapter 10 of Title 25.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:08:49 AM EDT
[#2]
the burger king 2 lights away from my house was robber last night too!  what is this world coming to?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#4]
You know its hard when Waffle House keeps getting knocked off.  They must have hit everyone of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top