Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2011 6:43:51 AM EDT
I'll make a long story short.

I got a call from my store's alarm service last night that my motion sensors went off and they needed a key holder to come out and meet the police the store.

When I got here I was OCing my S&W 4013. The responding officer saw it and gave it a good look, but didn't say a word about it.  

The scary part is that it appears that someone was hiding in the store when I closed and locked up. They set off the motion sensor before setting off a door sensor on their way out. They only made away with $143 that was in my till, my days deposit was still where ot should have been and my petty cash box was undisturbed.

IF YOU OWN A OR MANAGE A BUSINESS, PLEASE, PLEASE CHECK YOUR BUILDING BEFORE LOCKING UP AND LEAVING FOR THE NIGHT. THIS SITUATION COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE HAD HE DECIDED NOT TO WAIT FOR ME TO LEAVE AND WAS ARMED.

Yes, I do CC everyday at work, and will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 7:56:46 AM EDT
[#1]
what kind of store is it
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#2]
It's an auto parts store.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Adam, how'd they get out? Emergency exit?
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#4]
A witness heard the alarm go off and saw a largely built black male run out the front door.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A witness heard the alarm go off and saw a largely built black male run out the front door.

That was a racist statement. If the perp is a person of color, you can only say "suspect".
If the perp is white, you can say Angry White Christian conservative.

<only kidding>
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a racist statement. If the perp is a person of color, you can only say "suspect".
If the perp is white, you can say Angry White Christian conservative.

<only kidding>

My baby is a good boy.....
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#7]
He jus felt in wit da wrong crowd
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:51:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll make a long story short.

I got a call from my store's alarm service last night that my motion sensors went off and they needed a key holder to come out and meet the police the store.

When I got here I was OCing my S&W 4013. The responding officer saw it and gave it a good look, but didn't say a word about it.  

The scary part is that it appears that someone was hiding in the store when I closed and locked up. They set off the motion sensor before setting off a door sensor on their way out. They only made away with $143 that was in my till, my days deposit was still where ot should have been and my petty cash box was undisturbed.

IF YOU OWN A OR MANAGE A BUSINESS, PLEASE, PLEASE CHECK YOUR BUILDING BEFORE LOCKING UP AND LEAVING FOR THE NIGHT. THIS SITUATION COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE HAD HE DECIDED NOT TO WAIT FOR ME TO LEAVE AND WAS ARMED.

Yes, I do CC everyday at work, and will continue to do so.

Same situation at my place of business... But, Cobb PD (4 officers) had cleared the entire building by the time I got there. They had cars 1 back, 1 front, 1 side, 1 blocking entrance.  It was a sunday so I'm sure they were bored.
It did bother me when they didn't ID me to confirm by place there when I showed up. Otherwise, great guys who receieved my thanks and appreciation.
+1 for the Cobb PD

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:21:47 AM EDT
[#9]
So evidently someone has been lurking. Then posting about how he would handle the situation:

Originally Posted By Outsyde
Outsy: question, if you were a store owner and the night manager didnt check to make sure that there was no one in the store prior to locking the door and leaving, and they locked someone in the store and the person still in the store robbed said store .......
Outsy: would that manager still have a job ?
texgal338: doubt it, outsy
mar2012: yes outsy, givvem a chance to prove themselves better than that one mistake
redirt78: Probably not outs
mar2012: youll have a loyal employee then.
redirt78: Someone could have been killed. Pretty big f up imo
AXEMAN: id say apply thgere outsy, i sense an opening
762frmafr: or a fuck-up Mar
mar2012: after all it was the robber that robbed you not the erring manager.
Outsy: when I worked retail I made sure to check everything before locking the doors behind when I left at night .... it was the nightly routine

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top