Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 12:24:22 PM EDT
I will just leave this here...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I know a guy who wears those.  He's a good guy............but a bit different.............did I mention he was a bit different.............?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Mom always said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

So, not much to say here.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't knock 'em 'til you try 'em. :)

They're very comfy and especially nice if there's a cool breeze.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Utilikilt

On another note...never, NEVER, ask a drunken old Scotsman what is under his kilt...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope I can get this right, and it makes sense, but it's worth sharing.

There's this story of a Scotsmen a long time ago who, after having a fine day at work, went down to the pub to enjoy some drinks. He drank and drank all night long, eventually making out of the pub and passing out on the side of the road. The next morning two fine young ladies came walking by and found our Scotsmen passed out in the grass. The girls, who were chuckled by his state of being, decided this would be a good moment to have some fun with this man. So they lifted up his kilt and took a blue ribbon that one of the lady's had in her hair, and tied it around his...."gun". They then put his kilt back down and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Later that day, our Scotsmen woke up in the hot sun, unsure about what happened the night before.  Soon after waking up, he realized something did not feel right underneath his kilt. Upon lifting his kilt, he found the lovely blue, silk ribbon. He smiled and said, "O lad I don't know where you been but I see you won first prize!"
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I asked the question.  Once.  

He took my hand.  

I discovered, rather abruptly, that this particular drunken Scot goes commando.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He took my hand.  

Mrs. Monk, it is referred to as "regimental". No self respecting Irishman would ever wear anything under his kilt.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hope I can get this right, and it makes sense, but it's worth sharing.

There's this story of a Scotsmen a long time ago who, after having a fine day at work, went down to the pub to enjoy some drinks. He drank and drank all night long, eventually making out of the pub and passing out on the side of the road. The next morning two fine young ladies came walking by and found our Scotsmen passed out in the grass. The girls, who were chuckled by his state of being, decided this would be a good moment to have some fun with this man. So they lifted up his kilt and took a blue ribbon that one of the lady's had in her hair, and tied it around his...."gun". They then put his kilt back down and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Later that day, our Scotsmen woke up in the hot sun, unsure about what happened the night before.  Soon after waking up, he realized something did not feel right underneath his kilt. Upon lifting his kilt, he found the lovely blue, silk ribbon. He smiled and said, "O lad I don't know where you been but I see you won first prize!"

Check out the Scotsman Song by Mike Cross.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He took my hand.  

Mrs. Monk, it is referred to as "regimental". No self respecting Irishman would ever wear anything under his kilt.

Well I suppose they'll be needing this then:

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Mrs. Monk you have most "interesting" furniture.....  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#12]
i call that a SKIRT!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#13]
So Mrs. Monk since you are of correct gender...Are kilts aka "skirts" cooler in the summer than shorts ???
and no i do not plan on getting one...that would be just wrong
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So Mrs. Monk since you are of correct gender...Are kilts aka "skirts" cooler in the summer than shorts ???
and no i do not plan on getting one...that would be just wrong

Skirts are cooler than shorts and you'd be surprised how many women find a man in a kilt, um, appealing

At the next class, shoot, get-together I propose all the guys wear kilts
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I think his shades look just as bad.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#16]
That whole picture is just wrong...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm sorry.. but I just can't respect a man that wears a kilt..
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:31:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd prefer my junk be secured when the SHTF.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm scottish and I'd buy one.  Of course, I don't want it unless it's in a close tartan to my own.  Savannah Highland games are May 17.  Cheap plug.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He took my hand.  

No such thing.  They are all too envious of the glorious creature that is the Scot to respect themselves for being lowly Mics.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Aren't those metal studs a bit shiny for this to be a tactikilt?  'Blingkilt' might be a more accurate term.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Wimps!

I periodically wear a kilt.  Been in several weddings that way.  Maybe I just know a lot of...different...people.

I roll my own though, none of this bolt-on modern stuff.

A full kilt is held on by one pin and a belt...naked in less than 5 seconds!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Wholy crap did anybody see the price on those things http://www.utilikilts.com/company/products/kilts/
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wimps!

I periodically wear a kilt.  Been in several weddings that way.  Maybe I just know a lot of...different...people.

I roll my own though, none of this bolt-on modern stuff.

A full kilt is held on by one pin and a belt...naked in less than 5 seconds!

yep, I've got a couple of the traditional style kilts and a Utilikilt that a friend gave me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top