Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 7:49:30 AM EDT
My bellsouth DSL has been finicky and they are not being helpful. Is anybody here having good luck with cable modem and the digital phone? Is it noticable?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Internet yes.  I also have a Magic jack that seems to work good.

Impeach Obama for the Good of the People that need to use the Phone.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I do. We use internet, basic cable, and telephone.

Not bad just wish it was cheaper.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Internet yes.  I also have a Magic jack that seems to work good.
]

I have to say that the majic jack is working alot better than I thought, but then again I have only used it in Kuwait, Baghdad area and right now in Basra iraq. Doesn't have to be smokin internet either. Not bad for what it is.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#4]
service was fine, cost was high in our area
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd avoid Charter like the plague.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd avoid Charter like the plague.

Why? Currently I am disappointed with bellsouth and irritated with the $27 a month dish network charges for my boxes. I think they are all just different shades of jerks.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I had it when I lived in Auburn, AL a year ago. It worked great, but customer service sucks and it is expensive when your promotion expires.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had it when I lived in Auburn, AL a year ago. It worked great, but customer service sucks and it is expensive when your promotion expires.

+1 on  that we have phone and net...customer service sucks and when the promo ran out i was like W-T-F ! ! !

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Agreed on bad customer service with Charter. I had them for cable and internet at my apartment in Athens, and we had lots of problems. They kept jerking me around and telling me it was my fault, until I went about a week straight calling everyday raising hell, they sent someone out to give us a new modem/router. When that didn't help, it took another week of calling before they had a truck out one morning digging around their box at the front of the complex. Turned out it was their fault all along, go figure.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#10]
We've had Charter internet and TV for years. Customer service has been good the few times I've called. I don't have a home phone at all but I've been thinking of getting a Magicjack.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:07:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I had Dish Network, AT&T and Earthlink for my TV, internet and phone. $170 a month total and DSL was only running at 1.3mbs.

Switched to Charter internet "plus" (over 20mbs) and cable. I'm using Ooma for phone. Ooma lets you keep your same number and after buying equipment, is free, except for about $3 a month for taxes. I'm at $115 total a month now and much happier.

The best part is that I got to FIRE AT&T and Dish. Had not been happy with either for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Make sure UVerse hasn't come to your area.  I've been really happy with my UVerse, and it's expanding.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#13]

This is very close to my setup (Charter+Ooma) but I am still on Dish.  Ooma rocks for free phone service.  Its a step above MagicJack and doesn't require a computer to provide service.  I even have customer that uses 2 Ooma lines over a Clearwire Wireless connection and hasn't had any complaints.  Just bought Ooma for my parents to save them $40+ per month in phone charges also.  Definitely worth it just to tell the phone company I no longer needed their services...

Quoted:

I had Dish Network, AT&T and Earthlink for my TV, internet and phone. $170 a month total and DSL was only running at 1.3mbs.

Switched to Charter internet "plus" (over 20mbs) and cable. I'm using Ooma for phone. Ooma lets you keep your same number and after buying equipment, is free, except for about $3 a month for taxes. I'm at $115 total a month now and much happier.

The best part is that I got to FIRE AT&T and Dish. Had not been happy with either for a long time.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Another question on the cable modem. Looks like it makes sense to just buy my own. Do you recommend a separate modem and wireless router, or would you buy something with on board wireless?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#15]
In the past I have been a customer of Charter internet and cable.  Their customer service was horrible, and their service (both internet and television) was subject to outages and problems as much as anything else.  I no longer use their services and have vowed to never again call on them.  My parents use Charter at their home for internet, phone, and television.  They seem to be satisfied overall, however there have been frequent problems with internet connectivity and speed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Duplicate reply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top