Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 12:52:25 PM EDT
I'm looking for a Good alignment tech to setup the alignment in my RX8. Preferably somebody that knows sports cars and RWD Independent suspension. One that has worked on an 8 before would be ideal.

Atlanta metro area south side if possible. But for a good tech I'm willing to drive.
Going to run the Tail of the dragon next month and I want things just right if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

James.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
there use to be a great front end guy named andy/randy i believe that opened up a tire and front end store across from the ford store in griffin. that has been a while ago, he use to do alot of the out of the box alignments when i was a tech at spalding/griffin/speedway ford.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Randy's is gone

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#3]
WT Standard in Canton.
They have done my Cobra and the guy who does the alignments knows his stuff.
Ask them to let Mike do your alignment.
Plus the Mechanic beside him does SCCA and knows alot to.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Been there, done that, and have the T-shirt.  I've ridden a GSR 750 more than a few times on the dragon.  I don't know if you've ever been accross it before, but it is very unforgiving!  Make sure your brakes are up to the task!  I'm sure you've seen the pics of the police cars that tried to chase motorcycles accross hwy 129.  (Stop by the Deal's Gap campground and check some of the Photos on the bulletin board as well as the "Tree of Shame")

Hell you can have a blast running the speed limit on that road.  If you've not ridden that road before your not going to believe some of the curves on that road.    

Have fun and stay safe!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Call AutoFab Motorsports ........ he deals with high end BMW's and shit and has a guy that does all of his allignments.

He is over in Alpharetta somewhere I dont know where his new shop is though.  

Owners name is Thomas something or other ...... he is a pollock but knows his shit to be a young guy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Gran Turismo East.

A lot of road racers go here.  Years ago in my SOLO I & II days, these guys worked w/ me to find a decent street setup that worked at the track.

7mm
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]
^ +1
Saw the beginning of the thread and was trying to remember the name of the shop from autocross days.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I would call either Mazcare or R-Speed in Marietta and get their recomendation.  Both are Mazda shops(Mazcare being a big Wankel shop, R-speed being a Miata shop).  Both have done a good bit of work for SCCA cars.  They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Nice car BTW- I'm a big fan of wankels.  The RX-8 is my dream car once I'm done at Georgia Tech.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gran Turismo East.

A lot of road racers go here.  Years ago in my SOLO I & II days, these guys worked w/ me to find a decent street setup that worked at the track.

7mm

Sorry to say but had very bad experiance with these rude people before would not even go there
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#10]
be careful as hell...

I took my race preped 280z there about two years ago....my laser dectector was going off probaly around every other turn. It pissed me off so bad. i saw more cops in that strech of road than i have in a long long long time.....

bu its worth it, cause you get a kick ass picture....like this:

Biggest mistake of my life was the day i sold that car...november 11th, 2008. I built it from the ground up, and the tail of the dragon was her proving grounds.....

that car was sex on 4 wheels...literally.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:31:43 AM EDT
[#11]
We used Gran Tursimo when I was involved in solo2 and ITB , We also over time bought a camber caster gauge and toe bar and pyrometer and starting doing some in the shop.  we did all of our round track stuff in the shop.

I had my car aligned recently at All Speed in Peachtree City which is also near my GF's house. they did a nice job. I explained the alignment issue and they straightened me out.

The tail is a fun drive with enough cops, motorhomes, locals and Harley and Goldwing guys  to keep you from having fun
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:07:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I stumbled across the tail years ago.  Only rode part of it before I hit my halfway point for the day.
I had a Yamadog SRX250 (single cylinder 250cc, wind it through the gears & top out at 95mph  for my first bike & had Mondays off at the time.  I would wake up before dawn & head north from Lilburn, get lost for the day & try to make it home before dark.

7mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top