Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2009 5:09:06 PM EDT
Next time you guys are heading to Creekside, take 3 hours to stop in the Booth Western Art Museum in Cartersville! I stopped in today. Admission is $8 for adults. The tour starts with a 10 minute movie that my 1 year old watched excitedly. We wandered through the galleries and looked at paintings  depicting the civil war and all facets of the old west. What took me by surprise was the extensive presidential collection where I was able to view actual letters hand written by George Washington and Thomas Jefferson (Th. Jefferson). There's also a basement exhibit of children's activities which was a nice addition albeit small.
The price is going up next month the $10 but the first Thursday of the month the museum is waiving the entrance fees for the afternoon. It was a good collection and well worth the cost and the time to visit.

http://www.boothmuseum.org/

Also during their western symposium at the end of October one of the exhibitors will be selling custom holsters...

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep - very nice when we went about 2 years ago.  I was impressed with the presidential letters too.  They were all really interesting to read.  IIRC, Jimmy Carter's looked like crap like the steno girl was drunk that day or something.  Worst typing I believe I have ever seen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top