Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 2:46:48 PM EDT
I have a leftover rib eye grilled rare to med rare from Friday night and I would like to put it to good use. Reheating in pan etc isn't a good option because I don't care for steak once it cooked beyond medium rare but if it's used in a dish I should be good to go.

I'm not looking for anything fancy or complicated because I'm only cooking for myself. The family is spending their last week at the beach before school starts again.

TD

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you have a leftover steak?

How about fajitas? Wrong cut, but it will still be good when you reheat it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought about fajitas or a steak salad but I'm limited to supplies on hand because I'm not going to the grocery store. It's about a 25 miles round trip from here to there. Living in the sticks has it's advantages as well as it's disadvantages.

TD
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why do you have a leftover steak?

How about fajitas? Wrong cut, but it will still be good when you reheat it.

Right ethnicity wrong dish. We ALWAYS use left over steak to make enchiladas. We take
Steak
1 taco spice packet
1/2 large onion
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/4 graded cheese

put in bowl to combine and then roll into as many tortillas as possible ... THEN
pour 2 cans of enchilada sauce onto the whole container and sprinkle as much cheese as you want on top

we do 375 for ~25 minutes just watch to make sure the cheese doesnt burn

always awesome and if you ever want to use chicken we get the 16oz cans of chicken breast from costco and sub for the steak.

ETA - just saw your other post. Steak and eggs?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Steak Sandwich, grilled onions, topped with melted provolone, or swiss cheese. Add some mushrooms if available. Au-jus for dipping, to make a french dip?

rich
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Right ethnicity wrong dish. We ALWAYS use left over steak to make enchiladas. We take
Steak
1 taco spice packet
1/2 large onion
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/4 graded cheese

put in bowl to combine and then roll into as many tortillas as possible ... THEN
pour 2 cans of enchilada sauce onto the whole container and sprinkle as much cheese as you want on top

we do 375 for ~25 minutes just watch to make sure the cheese doesnt burn

always awesome and if you ever want to use chicken we get the 16oz cans of chicken breast from costco and sub for the steak.

ETA - just saw your other post. Steak and eggs?

Sounds yummy!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I do like the enchilada recipe but I settled for fajitas and they weren't bad.

I had part of a bell pepper, 1/2 of Vidalia onion and flour tortillas in the ice box so I was good to go.

I also located a jar of home made salsa.

I like a good squeeze of fresh lime on my fajitas but that wasn't an option tonight.

I will make the enchiladas some day soon.

Thanks for suggestions!!!!!

TD
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Turn in your man card NOW.

There is no excuse for left over steak!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#8]
warm it up and put it on a sammich, slice some fresh tomatoes, little pepper and chow down
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top