Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 9:31:33 AM EDT
I have a Pelican 1700 that I want to use for my newest AR but have a question before I start cutting a fresh piece of foam.

[side note: I previously used it for a GSG-5, some pistols, mags, and a can. All this fit great.]

I will be getting a dedicated .22lr upper from TacSol in a few weeks and want to know if I will be able to fit it in the case in addition to a fully assembled rifle with optics.

If the fit will be too tight or will not allow enough room for other accessories then I will go ahead and layout my case and cut the foam now. If it the second upper will fit with the complete rifle then I will just wait.

EDIT: Stupid question .... I laid it out and there is no way I could have fit a second upper in there comfortably.

Second question ... What should I use to carry the dedicated upper in? A rifle bag would be overkill. Is there something small but padded I could use? A small Pelican perhaps to hold the upper, mags, and my can?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a Pelican 1700 that I want to use for my newest AR but have a question before I start cutting a fresh piece of foam.

[side note: I previously used it for a GSG-5, some pistols, mags, and a can. All this fit great.]

I will be getting a dedicated .22lr upper from TacSol in a few weeks and want to know if I will be able to fit it in the case in addition to a fully assembled rifle with optics.

If the fit will be too tight or will not allow enough room for other accessories then I will go ahead and layout my case and cut the foam now. If it the second upper will fit with the complete rifle then I will just wait.

Second question ... If the dedicated .22lr upper won't fit then what should I get to carry it in? It will have its own optics mounted on it, if that makes a difference. Should I just look at a soft case for the upper or perhaps look at a separate Pelican ... the smallest one I can fit the upper, some mags, and pistol, and a can ... for the .22lr goodies?

UMMMM well I hate to say this man, but you know that you now need to buy a second lower for the dedicated upper.  I am so sorry I lied to you and said just buy the second upper and use your original lower itll be ok.  WRONG buy another lower and have two dedicated guns.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#2]
.... I've already thought about that. I asked CDtracing about one of the GCO ones already. Since I am no hurry he recommended waiting a while and letting the price drop some more before I buy one. That is a good point though. I might as well just cut the foam for my 5.56 and all the goodies and not worry about trying to crowd the second upper in.

With that in mind .... What the heck do I do with the second upper for transport? Just buy a cheap soft case/bag and use it until I build a second complete rifle?

I actually thought about just waiting a while longer and getting one of the M&P22 or whatever they are calling them. They are alleged to sell for around $500 when they come out. Heck ... I'm going to spend more than that on the TacSol upper.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
.... I've already thought about that. I asked CDtracing about one of the GCO ones already. Since I am no hurry he recommended waiting a while and letting the price drop some more before I buy one. That is a good point though. I might as well just cut the foam for my 5.56 and all the goodies and not worry about trying to crowd the second upper in.

With that in mind .... What the heck do I do with the second upper for transport? Just buy a cheap soft case/bag and use it until I build a second complete rifle?

I actually thought about just waiting a while longer and getting one of the M&P22 or whatever they are calling them. They are alleged to sell for around $500 when they come out. Heck ... I'm going to spend more than that on the TacSol upper.

Did you not see that Ballistic Sounds is going to be doing a Mega produced Ga State seal lower for roughly 135 or so.  Will have the state seal as the roll mark instead of Mega's mark.  And if you really want to have the GCO logo on it www.specialtyengaving.com can do the GCO logo for about 35 bucks on the off side of the magwell.  SE actually did the original GCO lower that was auctioned off at the luncheon way back when.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Nevermind my stupid question ... there is no way I could have fit the second upper in this case anyway.  I cut the foam tonight.

I also gave my 5yo her first AR.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top