Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:03:09 AM EDT
I just drove over there and it is closed.

Supposedly due to reopen on the 15th (tomorrow), but I didn't go back to see if it were finished.

The sign says 'due to vandalism', if I get some time later I will throw a bike in the car and ride back to see what the fuss is all about.  

John Moses and I drove out there this AM.

according to the cop I met coming out, it has been opened since the 15th, as advertised.

I didn't go all the way back, as neither the little man nor I had ears, and he said there were 20 cars or so there.
No visible work was done to the range, in his opinion.  "looks the same to me".  

I'll make it out there during the week and let you all know. <read, ranger is going brass whoring tomorrow>[/
i]
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:22:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I knew this would happen eventually. Too many jackasses stealing oxygen and trashing the range over there.

There goes my one place to shoot in the middle of the week...
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe they will get it back open soon. I hope those damn dirt bags that vandalized the place get caught.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just drove over there and it is closed.

Supposedly due to reopen on the 15th (tomorrow), but I didn't go back to see if it were finished.

The sign says 'due to vandalism', if I get some time later I will throw a bike in the car and ride back to see what the fuss is all about.  

Dang it.  Does anyone know anyone in local DNR to get the story on what happened?  

I hope it opens again.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, drove out there Sunday and saw the same thing. A buddy of mine told me that place has gone downhill. Says he quit going bc it was getting overrun with "thugs" practicing their shooting sideways skills. I don't know tho, before Sunday I hadn't been out there in at least 4 years...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody been out since it was sposed to open back up?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
When I lived in Savannah, the problem wasn't the thugs practicing their sideways shooting, it was the rednecks and their dragging of everything they could find out there and not cleaning up after themselves.

Pretty much like the Madison range.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#7]

RangerMonroe -- thanks for the update. I may head out there midweek.

Quoted:
When I lived in Savannah, the problem wasn't the thugs practicing their sideways shooting, it was the rednecks and their dragging of everything they could find out there and not cleaning up after themselves.

Pretty much like the Madison range.

About 2 years ago we had a nazi-like ranger who was giving out tickets for using another beside paper targets.  As a result, the range was cleaner, but then he seemed to dissappear.

At one point I thought a local BoyScout troop was caring for the range -- bt I guess not.  I cleaned a lot of trash on roadside with Scout. I would have been much happier cleaning up a range.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top