Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 3:43:20 PM EDT
I wonder if these companies would allow security guards to carry concealed?  This one was from SC working in Aug,  but I wouldn't want to guard anything worth guarding without some protection.  This is a damn shame.

chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_060408_ManFoundDead.shtml
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I wonder if these companies would allow security guards to carry concealed?  This one was from SC working in Aug,  but I wouldn't want to guard anything worth guarding without some protection.  This is a damn shame.

chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_060408_ManFoundDead.shtmlr

A CCW is worthless for carrying a weapon while employed as a security officer or private detective in Georgia.  You must have a license issued by the Georgia Board of Private Detective and Security Agencies, which requires being employed by a regulated security company, classroom training, range qualification, and a fingerprint check.  And you have to be licensed through the company you work for, if you change companies, the license has to be transferred.  Starting a security or detective company requires you to have been a supervisor at such a company, a cop, or have a four year criminal justice or related degree.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Linkie no workie
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Corrected link

Murdered for a bale of copper scrap...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]
That would be why I have "Exposed and Concealed Weapon" on my license.  I won't work a job that requires me to be unarmed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:59:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Well they'll never get me to take such a job.  I'd rather go to Sadr City or Ramadi.  At least there I can shoot back if engaged.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Caught the guy.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Corrected link

Murdered for a bale of copper scrap...

About $15000 worth of it I think.

I haul metal to CMC  (where this happened) on a regular basis when I can, sounds like the person who did it was an employee.  CMC is not in the "good part" of town (scrap places never are) and their employees are not the best as well.

One of the junkyards in the same area used to have a big painted sign saying something along the lines of "If you break in here I will kill you mother fucker" on the inside
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I looked up the guys crimes on the Richmond County website, I got these matches (complete name match) all since 2000, of course this is only for Richmond County

FAILURE TO WEAR SAFETY SEAT BELT

SPEEDING

DRIVING WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED

MARIJUANA - POSSESS

DISORDERLY CONDUCT

THEFT BY TAKING

RECKLESS CONDUCT - AGAINST PERSON

DRIVING WITH LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED

DRIVING WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED (again)

THEFT BY SHOPLIFTING

THEFT BY SHOPLIFTING (again)

THEFT BY TAKING

DRIVING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF ROADWAY

THEFT BY RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY (X2)

BURGLARY
REDUCED: 16-8-2 - THEFT BY TAKING

THEFT BY RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY
REDUCED: 16-8-7 - THEFT BY RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY

REDUCED: 40-5-20 - NO DRIVER'S LICENSE

FAILURE TO WEAR SAFETY SEAT BELT

NO PROOF OF INSURANCE

DRIVING WITH SUSPENDED REGISTRATION

NO PROOF OF INSURANCE (again)

OBEDIENCE,TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICES REQUIRED

Driving While Licenses Suspended or Revoked

FAILURE STOP SIGN AT RR CROSSING

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't we just go ahead and take this oxygen their(now murderer) out back and shoot him?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top