Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2008 3:30:25 PM EDT
i have accumulated too much ,   got it scattered around the house, under beds, in safe, etc.   wife suggested putting all of it in the hallway closet.    for those of you who understand air conditioning the closet has two return filter grilles at the floor level and the top of the closet has a duct that goes to the ac return.  in other words the closet is the return plenum of sorts.

i have another small closet under the stairs, but the dryer is vented through the bottom of the closet to the outside.  when the dryer is running the flexible duct gets warm (and the humidity gets up too)

1) will storing guns and ammo in the hallway ac plenum closet be a problem?

2) will storing guns and ammo in the under the stairs dryer vented closet be a problem?

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you given any thought to getting a safe?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, i got a safe, just everything won't fit in it
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I have space!
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#4]
seriously though, I am in no means an expert but I did stay at a holiday in express last night....:)

I would stay away from the dryer vent if those were my two options for the moisture like you mentioned.

on the other hand the AC vents might not be a bad thing.  an AC works by taking moisture out of the air.  of course you said these are a return vent so the air won't be cooled yet so I don't know if it would even matter.

if those were my two choices I would go with the AC vents.  (or my safe!)
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the HVAC closet!

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Have you given any thought to getting another safe?

fixed it for you...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Time to buy another safe. Insert silica gel, no problem.  
Closets aren't worth the risk of theft or fire.  Some kid might have access to your stolen gun.  Not pretty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top