Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 8:17:56 PM EDT
Is anyone in here SWAT or know someone on a SWAT team in ATL.  I am currently getting training for being a SWAT team Tactical Physician --but cannot get pass the swat team operator.
Need advice.

drjwelch (at) yahoo.com

Thanks,
"DOC"
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have contacts with SWAT teams for City of Marietta and Cobb County. I may be able to help. IM me your info.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
send me an IM I may be able to help you
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is anyone in here SWAT or know someone on a SWAT team in ATL.  I am currently getting training for being a SWAT team Tactical Physician --but cannot get pass the swat team operator.
Need advice.

drjwelch (at) yahoo.com

Thanks,
"DOC"

U get your A/C back blowing cold
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#5]
One of our paramedics is also a Grady medic, an RN, and a SWAT medic for APD (through Grady EMS).  Grady medics on the APD SWAT team are not armed medics (yet), but they go through all the SWAT and CONTOMS-type training down at GPSTC.  

What I want is to get my paramedic, practice for a few years, then get POST certification.  I'm game for SWAT medic, but not as a target.  I don't really want to stand outside, and I definitely don't want to stack without a weapon.  POST certification is what the Grady/APD medics are pushing for, for that reason.  The problem is that Grady EMS is fighting it.  Like many fire and EMS services that provice the medic end of a SWAT team, they hate the idea of their medics carrying blasters.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:58:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks,
IMs Sent.

Quoted:

Hey Fros,
Well we replaced the evap core but, I haven't charged the system yet to take it back for testing again.  Hopefully we are done with it.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks,
IMs Sent.

Quoted:

Hey Fros,
Well we replaced the evap core but, I haven't charged the system yet to take it back for testing again.  Hopefully we are done with it.  

Good to hear J.....dont forget carls # if u need something
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top