Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:12:15 PM EDT
"Is that all you want?  Most guys buy all I have in stock."

You ammo whores really have the locals trained.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#1]

When the sales guy at my local Wal-Mart sees me coming, he starts reaching under the counter for the cases he hasn't even put out on the shelf yet.

Pavlov was right.

Accountant
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I've been doing a pretty good job of keeping stock of 9mm value packs real low at the Wally World on Windward Pkwy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]

The Wal-Mart in Statesboro is still out of WWB 223.  They only had 3 boxes of Remington UMC.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
When I bought all they had recently (8 boxes of .223) the guy said, "that won't last you very long."
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Do the Walmart stores around ATL stock 55gr WWB at all? I did another tour around Walmart near my area (NW ATL area) and they had NONE.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:17:56 AM EDT
[#6]
First of all, I addmitedly don't know enough about ammo to keep from making a bad decision... so I needed some for the group shoot and I went to United on Broad Street (here in Augusta).

They had an ammo box of loose 'surplus' 5.56 ammo. 600 rounds for $109.00 and I almost bought it. I, instead, bought 10 boxes of Norinco at $5.00 per box because that's all I could find locally. I'd originally planned on ordering some ammo from Georgia-Arms but didn't have time to order it and get it shipped before the weekend so I set out to find some local.

Am I going to be terribly dissapointed in what I got?

Should I have picked up the ammo can of loose 'surplus' ammo?

Someone care to educate a noob on ammo selection?

I ran through the 100 rounds of 55 grain 5.56 that I got from Georgia-Arms fairly quickly and was very happy with it. It shot great, grouped just fine, and does a better job of hitting the paper than I do. I tried out some of their 'match grade' 5.56 that a buddy bought and consistently hit about 2 inches low at 25 yards.

ETA: The thing that put me off with regards to the loose 'surplus' ammo was that, oddly enough, it was all boxer primed. I expected berdan primed ammo from the military. I'm thinking I should have just gotten the surplus stuff. Probably fair just as well as this chinese stuff will.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:47:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Loose packed "surplus" ammo?  No thanks.  Sounds too much like Billy Bob's reloads.

If no one has anything local to you buy it off the net.  Ask about GA Arms and you'll hear good and bad.  I never personally had a problem, but was with another guy at the range last weekend when he had a GA Arms round that had the primer fall out and the powder spill everywhere.  Nice little piece of over stretched brass.  I was also standing behind zzxx99 when a piece of 10mm GA Arms blew up his Glock.  He was less than impressed.

To GA Arms credit they "made good" in both situations buy replacing bad (+ some for the trouble) ammo or buying back unused ammo.  They also replaced zzxx99's trashed Glock mag (during the ban).

k9dpd has seen a LOT of GA Arms ammo get shot and has reported no problems.

I'm currently looking for some good blasting ammo now that the IMI .223 stuff has tried up.  I'll shoot Wolf if the price is right.  

I had the bad primer pocket Called Ga arms on monday and they were more than happy to take care of the problem. It was the first problem I'd had in about 1000rds fired and 1500rds bought from them.

I'll continue to buy from them without hesitation.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Loose packed "surplus" ammo?  No thanks.  Sounds too much like Billy Bob's reloads.

If no one has anything local to you buy it off the net.  Ask about GA Arms and you'll hear good and bad.  I never personally had a problem, but was with another guy at the range last weekend when he had a GA Arms round that had the primer fall out and the powder spill everywhere.  Nice little piece of over stretched brass.  I was also standing behind zzxx99 when a piece of 10mm GA Arms blew up his Glock.  He was less than impressed.

To GA Arms credit they "made good" in both situations buy replacing bad (+ some for the trouble) ammo or buying back unused ammo.  They also replaced zzxx99's trashed Glock mag (during the ban).

I'm currently looking for some good blasting ammo now that the IMI .223 stuff has tried up.  I'll shoot Wolf if the price is right.  

I had the bad primer pocket Called Ga arms on monday and they were more than happy to take care of the problem. It was the first problem I'd had in about 1000rds fired and 1500rds bought from them.

I'll continue to buy from them without hesitation.

As will I.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Glock + 10mm.  Are you sure it was the ammo?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to snatch up all the wwb around here until I started using Georgia Arms canned heat. I've never had a single mishap with Georgia Arms. Actually the only ammo I've had a problem with (single incident) was Advanced Bullets .357 magnum squib load that lodged the bullet in the bore of my Ruger SP101. I threw away the rest of that box and haven't bought any more...

I've shot thousands of rounds of GA ammo both at work (qualifying) and off duty at the range or in the yard and not one single hiccup. It's also nice that I live within a few miles of them and can pick up to avoid shipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top