Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:02:32 PM EDT
For upcoming March 11 shoot, I need to get more ammo, as I'm running low on .223s and .45s.
I still have the driver license that is out of state, and I was wondering if I can go to any store in-state (like Wal Mart) and buy ammo without problem.

I know that I can mail order ammo out of state, but I wasn't sure about buying it at store with out of state DL.

Also, do you have any recommendations on where to buy ammo near ATL or is mail order a better option?

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never been asked to produce any ID when buying ammo.

I'm not a lawyer (I don't even play one on TV) so don't take my word as gospel... but I've bought ammo out of state before and never had a single issue. Buying a firearm, now, there's a different story.

ETA: I recently picked up some ammo from Georgia Arms at the last gun show and have been very happy with it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:39:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I think they used to try to register or at least check ID for age on handgun ammo, because you are supposed to be 21 to buy it, but I always told them it was for a rifle as you can get a rifle in most handgun calibers. Just saved them the time and BS of having to record it. I have not even been asked lately so that may be over with.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm not a lawyer (I don't even play one on TV) so don't take my word as gospel... but I've bought ammo out of state before and never had a single issue. Buying a firearm, now, there's a different story.

ETA: I recently picked up some ammo from Georgia Arms at the last gun show and have been very happy with it.

I use Georgia Arms ammo exclusively.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help gents.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:18:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need to pick up some more 5.56 before the 11th. How fast are they with regards to shipping?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need to pick up some more 5.56 before the 11th. How fast are they with regards to shipping?

I ordered a BUNCH of ammo on Tuesday, it was at the house yesterday and that was UPS Ground.  I live just on the other side of Atlanta from them, but I would imagine anywhere in the state within a couple of days.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think they used to try to register or at least check ID for age on handgun ammo, because you are supposed to be 21 to buy it, but I always told them it was for a rifle as you can get a rifle in most handgun calibers. Just saved them the time and BS of having to record it. I have not even been asked lately so that may be over with.

China-Mart is the only place I've ever been "carded" buying ammo. Most gunshops won't bother to check.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

China-Mart is the only place I've ever been "carded" buying ammo. Most gunshops won't bother to check.

If some people hate the place so much that they resort to silly shit like calling it "China-Mart", why do they go there?

BTW, I have never been asked for ID when buying ammo at Walmart.  I have occassionally bought ammo there when I needed some in a hurry.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't shopped in a CHINA-MART in close to two years.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I haven't shopped in a CHINA-MART in close to two years.

Good, I'll make up for you not going there by buying extra stuff from there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#13]
So how come there's no stinkin' .223 at the Wally-World by my house?  Dang Commie buyin' bastages!!!  I guess I'll have to call around a bit.  

Can't wait for the next fun show in Gwinnett.  I'm gonna become a GA Arms customer.  My wife wigs out when I get heavy boxes of ammo delivered to the front door.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#14]
No more GA Arms for me.  I had a 5.56 round with no primer and another one with a mangled case.  I also have a shooting buddy that had a Kb with their 10mm.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
No more GA Arms for me.  I had a 5.56 round with no primer and another one with a mangled case.  I also have a shooting buddy that had a Kb with their 10mm.

Oh, 2 rounds in how many???  If you have a problem, they will make good.  They are great.

10 MM kaboom?  Are you sure it was the ammo?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top