Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 5:06:58 AM EDT
In my never ending quest for a GOOD IWB holster that I can tuck my shirt in I ran across this:

www.comp-tac.com/index.html

Anyone have one? Good/bad??

Looking to put a G17 & 19 in there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]

I have heard of hydex rubbing the finish off pistols. And I have a kydex sheath on my warthog and its kinda loud taking the knife out. Not good for sneaking it out around the corner.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Mike Bennedict(sp?) is local and makes kydex holsters. I have one, a paddle holster, yes I use it too. His website is Talon Tactical. Contact him if you do not see what you want, he should be able to make whatever you need.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never tried a Kydex IWB.  Seems uncomfortable, but maybe not.  I use a Galco IWB for my 1911's which I really like.

Are you talking about tucking your shirt over the pistol and holster?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#5]
The problem is that I MUST wear a tucked in shirt everyday. I do not mind wearing OWB with a decent vest, but it is not practical on a daily basis for me. With the above shown holster you can tuck in your shirt with IWB carry. I know with a shirt over it and tucked in it is not the fastest way to unholster it, but I still feel better about that than on my ankle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#6]
It looks very similar to the DeSantis "Tuck-This" only they are made of nylon.  Check out newyorkironworks.com and look in their DeSantis section for pics.  I have some of their holsters and for a "shirt tuckable" holster I like them.  On a G19 they work great.  Some of the other models may tend to shift a little when getting in and out of a car but if concealment is a major factor their design is hard to beat and reasonably comfortable.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:17:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Not sure if you've tried or not but the Milt Sparks VM2 has the tuck clips, they work well for me, no complaints.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The problem is that I MUST wear a tucked in shirt everyday.

Might I suggest a blazer, suit jacket, dinner jacket, or a smoking jacket. They are all the rage for the well armed elites.

Accountant
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the CTAC with the shirt tucker clips. I bought it as a temporary for my STI VIP until my Milt Sparks SS2 is ready. Milt currently has a 16 week backlog. I actually have grown quite fond of the CTAC. I still think I'll prefer the SS2,but do like the CTAC.I did not think it would be comfortable but it is once you get it adjusted to your liking. It is a very well concealed IWB holster. I have used the shirt tucker feature twice. I wear my shirts fitted and it prints without a jacket.....but then again......I'm kind of a trained eye for noticing. Normally it is carried everyday and everywhere under a Polo shirt untucked.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:46:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I tried the C-TAC. A mighty fine holster, but it just didn't work for me.

I now use "The Answer" made by Tucker Gun Leather.

http://store.yahoo.com/rlcompanyusa/tugu.html

I absolutely love it, and if I ever decide to start carrying something other than my XD, I'll get another Answer for it too.

ETA: It's also tuckable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:52:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might I suggest a blazer, suit jacket, dinner jacket, or a smoking jacket. They are all the rage for the well armed elites.

Accountant

I am not the one that is/was driving a BMW

I do not have to wear it tucked in, but it is just one of my little quirks that I feel sloppy with my shirt out.......It just looks better to me......yep, I'm just weird

Thanks for the links.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:43:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
In my never ending quest for a GOOD IWB holster that I can tuck my shirt in I ran across this:

Anyone have one? Good/bad??

Looking to put a G17 & 19 in there.

Hi Caver101, from my experience, G17 can be a little uncomfortably blocky inside the waist band.  I just carry it in a fobus nowadays

That's until the 18 week backorder from Milt Sparks clears up on a nice hot summer day this year for my BHP, a much slimmer gun and easier on the hip bone.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I use a VMII and find it very comfortable and I don't print when tucked.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Accountant

I am not the one that is/was driving a BMW

Touche
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#15]
i've got the Comp-Tac Gurkha model for both 1911 and P228.  nice holsters in the kydex selection out there.  the designs are solid and perform as advertised.  i'd like to try the C-TAC model as it seems an improvement over the Gurkha.

that being said, i've been carrying Glocks in a few Predator ITP holsters for the last 10yrs.

kydex can create wear on the high points as any other material.  if you don't clean the interior out periodically, the grit can hasten that wear.  however, you can use a little Armor-All to slick it up when you clean it out.  go easy with that or simply wipe more of it out so it isn't "slide across the front bench seat" slick.

kydex is hardy and not much different than wearing a good leather holster.  any flexing clips may wear out and crack off ofter several years of flexing on and off.

adjusting the tension screws, if any in the design, is a nice feature but can take a little time to dial in where you want it.

that's it for my rambling right now.....heh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top