Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 8:12:07 PM EDT
This show was the same old-same old for the most part.

There was a NFA dealer from NC that I've never noticed and he had a couple of nice transferable inc. a new M-60, M-2, MP-40 and a very nice AK-47 underfolder.

I purchased 1 crush washer, 3 peel washers and 3 lock washers for projects at different stages of completion for a total cost of $7.00. I had my little girl with me so I bought her some type of YO-YO for another $2.00. I didn't do very much damage to the wallet today and i'm sure I missed a few good deals. It was difficult to look very close since my little 3 Y/O insisted on touching eveything within reach, but that's how they learn at that age.

I was looking for reasonably priced HK-94 mags, some misc small HK parts and a factory loader. I saw 1 date coded HK-94 mag and it was sitting on an associates table. He wanted $50.00 and I told him he was crazy

I was also searching for a FAL/SAW metric Pistol grip. If you one for sale let me know.

I forgot to add there was one good deal there. There was a NIB FN-FNC with an asking price of $2650.00. I started to buy it, but I don't have an extra sear.

TD
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I will not EVER blow a Saturday at another Eastman Gunshow.

What a waste of my time.

The same 'ol CRAP!!! Bunch of useless bullshit, and old WORN OUT shotguns.

Second biggest booth was AIRSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overpriced C&R rifles that look like the -$10.00 for BLIND MANS hand select. C&R is CHEAP and plentiful but at Eastmans they are RARE and EXPENSIVE.

Post ban AR's pieced together from OLY and Hesse parts for $900.00 and "REAL"
Pre-Ban Bushmasters for $1,200.00. (Only slightly WORN THE FUCK OUT!)

The same set of Glock/Springfield/S&W pistols from 8 months ago that they havent sold yet, with NO NEW SELECTION.

I was ready to spend some money **$$$*** and I bought $18.00 worth of Bushmaster grips.

I was so disgusted I couldnt bring myself to even buy an ammo can.

Maybe I'll try those CRAPPY Georgia Mountain gunshows again...

EDIT: Oops..this wasn't the I HATE GUNSHOWS Rant thread was it? Sorry....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
There wera a few less tables than usual. I guess gas prices may have held a few guys back. One thing that caught me was the people in the back right that brought in a whole jewelry store- counters and all! I guess that was for the BLING crowd- which I saw a few of.

I didn't really price anything since I was looking to trade.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:34:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There wera a few less tables than usual. I guess gas prices may have held a few guys back. One thing that caught me was the people in the back right that brought in a whole jewelry store- counters and all! I guess that was for the BLING crowd- which I saw a few of.

What's next, plastic spinners and cheap, loud aftermarket car audio?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Nefarius,

If you really want to spend some $$, I've got a Benelli Super 90 Field gun for sale. IM me for details if your interested.

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Gas prices played a part in keeping me away. In all fairness, I haven't bought a gun at a gun show or gun store since...1994 or 1995.

I still like to go look at the NATC and Cobb County civic center shows once in a while.

The occasional Gunbroker purchase, along with the good dealers right here in the AR15.com Equipment Exchange have spoiled me.

Scott

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I will not EVER blow a Saturday at another Eastman Gunshow.

What a waste of my time.

The same 'ol CRAP!!! Bunch of useless bullshit, and old WORN OUT shotguns.

Second biggest booth was AIRSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overpriced C&R rifles that look like the -$10.00 for BLIND MANS hand select. C&R is CHEAP and plentiful but at Eastmans they are RARE and EXPENSIVE.

Post ban AR's pieced together from OLY and Hesse parts for $900.00 and "REAL"
Pre-Ban Bushmasters for $1,200.00. (Only slightly WORN THE FUCK OUT!)

The same set of Glock/Springfield/S&W pistols from 8 months ago that they havent sold yet, with NO NEW SELECTION.

I was ready to spend some money **$$$*** and I bought $18.00 worth of Bushmaster grips.

I was so disgusted I couldnt bring myself to even buy an ammo can.

Maybe I'll try those CRAPPY Georgia Mountain gunshows again...

EDIT: Oops..this wasn't the I HATE GUNSHOWS Rant thread was it? Sorry....

don't hold back on us you know its god for you to get things off your chest..........
kinda glad now i had tow rk
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:53:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Did anyone notice all the deals on new 30 rounders.  I saw them as high as $29.  WHAT A  DEEEAL! (in  Clark Howard voice)  I did pick up 5 boxes of Lake City XM193.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:29:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought that I was the only person that felt this show was just about the worst one that I have been to. I was ready to drop some cash on a Pelican 1700 case (the pelican guy didnt even have one, and didnt offer to order me one) and I was going ready to purchase a G19- which I have been looking for quite some time now. I spent about an hour and a half inside of the show, what a complete waste of time.

I second the fact that I am SPOILED with the EE here, as well as GT.com. I told two friends of mine that were making their way in when I was leaving that if they gave me five bucks, they would save two from not having to go in and waste their time; they turned around and left.

There.... Im off of my box now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought is was pretty much average.

There was a dealer that had new Glock 35s for 499. That was a steal. Unfortunately, he did not have any Glock 34s.

There were some Saiga 410 shotguns for $199.

I bought a first generation Glock 17 with night sights and 8 ndf mags for $450. I think that this was a good deal, especially considering the condition of the gun.

It does seem that the show gets smaller each time...not a good trend!

A
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top