Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 12:14:51 PM EDT
My youngest kids just came home with a note from school saying Forsyth schools are closed next Mon-Tues because of the pending 'gas crisis'.

WTF????

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]
UPDATE: This is the work of Gov Sonny Perdue.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
All "State" schools are closed.

You home schoolers can relax.  School is still on.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Lines were already starting at 4:30 in Cobb. I bought two more 5gal plastic gas cans and filled them up last night. If gas goes back up to $3.20 it'll have paid for the gas cans.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this for real guys? I have to drive to N.C. tomorrow. I can't get there on one tank. I'm starting to wonder if I should bring some extra gas with me.

Can you Georgia members sound off with reports from your area for me? Thanks in advance.

M4Real
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/0905/24perdue.html

Good for Perdue.  He realized his state is filled with stammering moronic synchophants after Katrina went through and is taking steps to try and prevent a reoccurance of a run on the pumps.

And all that leftover diesel means me and my 25 year old Mercedes-Benz will have plenty of fuel to feast upon over the next week as I travel roughly 1600 miles back and forth across 3 states..  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, thanks to Uncle Sonny Dumbass the sheep are panicking again. The station up the street from my house went up 12 cents since this morning.  Cars were lined up when I came by a few minutes ago.  Damn I actually have to buy some gas.

WILL THE STUPIDITY EVER STOP????        
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Gas down here has already risen .30 a gallon up from $2.49 to $2.80 now. And people are freaking out here again as they did after Katrina. As i did the last time, i had just fueled up before the price hike and i will sit this one out for a while, until i need gas. Glad i have a company van to drive home.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#8]
M4real- get gas, take extra. NC gas is the highest around us. When the first one hit I was headed to NC and talked to the guy I was meeting. He said gas was 4.89-$5. It may not happen this time, but I'd rather be prepared for it than to wish I was.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't balme Perdue for the rise in prices so much.
The talking heads on tv have been saying gas would rise all week because of the newest storm.
And the fact is,Rita is headed for a large portion of the refineries in the south.

Whether or not the price really had to go up,the media set the tone for the oil companies and the retailers.
And believe it or not,the local Indian owned station usually is the last to rise,also the last to lower,so I think they are actually charging based on their costs instead of what they can charge.

So I filled both tanks on my truck Wednesday.I'm just glad I had some spare cash this time!

Also,last school year when fuel prices rose steadily all year long,several school systems had underbudgeted for fuel.And with these sudden increases of .50 per gallon,closing school for a few days could save lots of money and keep a lot of most diesel in the system for trucks and personal use also.This should keep the price down a little on diesel,and maybe keep some more available for delivers like groceries and the gas tankers.

My 2 cents,ymmv.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Gas cans??? You guys are using 5 gallon gas cans to stock up on gas??

Hell, I use old cars. Drive the truck up to the gas station and fill it up, plus the old car on the trailer. When I need some gas, I just siphon a little out of the car thats sitting on the trailer. 100 gallons just waiting to be used.

Yes, I am full of shit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#11]
The rise in gas prices isn't from Perdue, its from the fact all the refineries have shut down in the TX/LA area due to the Storm and oil speculation.

I work Tue-Sat, so I now get an extra day to do something with my Son.  We are going to Ocumlgee range to shoot on Monday for Range Safety/ shooting "classes".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top