Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 6:44:01 AM EDT
I am SO looking forward to this weekend!  I found out last night that some friends that I haven't seen in a couple years are going to be in the area this weekend so we're getting together for dinner.  Yeah!!!

Last week I told the ex he could go fuck himself, which felt GRRRRREAT!   (The Lewser, and that is spelled right, asked if we could work things out. )

Started a new job, more moolah.

Life is good.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
While I may not be a Georgia boy right now, hoping to change that soon, I certainly am looking forward to the weekend.  There's a big gun show in Richmond that the VA Arfcom crew is going to.  I'm buying my first 1911 there.  Sunday I'm seeing an old friend that I haven't seen for about a year and a half.  She just happens to be drop dead gorgeous and wants to go for a ride on my motorcycle, and possibly go see Episode III with me.  And I just turned 21 last weekend.  Hell yes, life is good.    MJD
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Why are you thinking about coming down to the peach state?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#4]
hinking.gif I hope ya'll have fun, i'll be working this weekend. Not alot planned for me. Might go up the river after work Sat. with a buddy of mine if it's not raining. The next weekend is gonna be good, cuz i'll have a 3-day weekend then. So, i'll have to wait a week for a good weekend. lol. I know that at some point, when i see ya'll are having a shoot somewhere, i can hopefully be off and make it at least once. I don't talk a whole lot in here, so i don't think anyone knows me. lol. Some of my friends locally do though. Maybe in time i'll get to be known. lol. If i keep talking.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Typical weekend for me.

Ball game, shoot, birthday party, church banquet, finishing a door, installing an EGR valve, etc...

NEVER A SPARE FREAKING SECOND
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I used to live there about 3 years ago.  It was one of the better times in my life.  The people in general make the place and to be honest I don't think I've ever met nicer people anywhere.  That, plus, the food was better and the women were cuter.  I lived in Forsyth county and it was building up really fast then, I"m almost afraid to see it now.  Still, I'd go back there in a heartbeat.  I plan on getting into the law enforcement field and I think I've got a better shot down south.  Not that I couldn't get into a VA department, I just don't really want to go through a 6 month+ hiring process.  I've gotten some info and the hiring process in some counties is as little as 30 days.  We'll see what happens in the next year or so, I might be part of the GA hometown forum soon, you never know.  MJD
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Highwayman,

I grew up in Forsyth (well moved there in 78) and I live in Dawson Co now.
I have friends on both departments, let me know if I can help you out.

On topic, hell yes, the action pistol match I run each month is this weekend.  I am going up tonight to do a little prop-work for the moving target I have planned for Saturday tonight.  Anyone not going to Carolina Star who is looking for a fun competition, come on out to River Bend Saturday morning.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to live there about 3 years ago.  It was one of the better times in my life.  The people in general make the place and to be honest I don't think I've ever met nicer people anywhere.  That, plus, the food was better and the women were cuter.  I lived in Forsyth county and it was building up really fast then, I"m almost afraid to see it now.  Still, I'd go back there in a heartbeat.  I plan on getting into the law enforcement field and I think I've got a better shot down south.  Not that I couldn't get into a VA department, I just don't really want to go through a 6 month+ hiring process.  I've gotten some info and the hiring process in some counties is as little as 30 days.  We'll see what happens in the next year or so, I might be part of the GA hometown forum soon, you never know.  MJD

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Hello Georgia!  i am not in Georgia, but SHIT yeah i'm lookin forward to this weekend!!!  chicky friend flies in tomorrow, and i close on my house on Monday!! WOOHOO!!  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Well now, just DAMN.  I'll be at Riverbend on Sat.  I've got to pick up a rifle from one of the guys shooting the Confederate Nationals.  IF the match isn't sold out I'll be shooting it...

But, then again, I do like the action pistol stuff...I've got loads of ammo...just had some decent practice...

I'll pick up a new battery for my C-more.  Wait...Lewser took my holster and had it "stolen".  Will a holster be available to borrow?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#10]
What can I say, this weekend is yard work time.  Some times it sux to have a 4 acre yard.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I get to put in a few hours of overtime tomorrow, which don't sound too exciting, but my boss is strict about overtime and I am getting to work for another boss this weekend that I get along with. It'll be good money for little effort.

My son will go for teeball and then I'll come home and pick him up and go try out some new ammo in his .22 rifle. He bought some Velocitor 22LR this weekend at the gunshow and wants to try it out.

I plan to make a pot of Chicken and Sausage Gumbo tomorrow night. All made from scratch. Yum.

Sunday is church, then Gumbo leftovers.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Dunno what Im doing yet, no real plans
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:27:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Dunno what Im doing yet, no real plans

Why don't you ever come shoot in AL anymore?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I am.
Sunday at 10AM I will be watching the new Star Wars movie.

This might be as great as Empire is to me - The Dark Side wins.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Well now, just DAMN.  I'll be at Riverbend on Sat.  I've got to pick up a rifle from one of the guys shooting the Confederate Nationals.  IF the match isn't sold out I'll be shooting it...

But, then again, I do like the action pistol stuff...I've got loads of ammo...just had some decent practice...

I'll pick up a new battery for my C-more.  Wait...Lewser took my holster and had it "stolen".  Will a holster be available to borrow?

What kind of pistola?
I can probably find you something that would work.
We do not draw from the holster most of the time anyway, so the holster is just safe storage for the day.  Come on out.

Unfortunately it is raining thru this evening, so I am not sure if I will be able to set up the range tonight, which sucks.  If I can't, I'll have to get up REAL early tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:41:23 AM EDT
[#17]
It would have been for an STI Grand Master.  

OK, so I slept in.  I stopped at the gunshop and picked up a case of ammo before heading up to RiverBend.  Found out that they were saving a spot for me in the High Power match.  So, I didn't do any shooting, but I had an absolute BLAST.

Hung out with the guys, drank some beers, and bullshitted with the best of them.  

Sunday some friends came out, I made beer butt chicken, and lemon meraingue pie.  Life is good.  (Tonight for dinner I'm eating the rest of the pie.  )

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:18:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Sunday some friends came out, I made beer butt chicken, and lemon meraingue pie.  Life is good.  (Tonight for dinner I'm eating the rest of the pie.  )

Dang, why did you have to say that?  Come make me some Lemon pie!

p.s., we missed you:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=31&t=201440
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dang, why did you have to say that?  Come make me some Lemon pie!

p.s., we missed you:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=31&t=201440

I missed you too.  You're going to have to come this way, lemon pie is too hard to travel with, it needs to stay cold, otherwise it turns into lemon soup...you're just going to have to head this way.  For the record I make killer bananna cream pie too...and everything is from scratch.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Glad you had a good weekend, Mamita!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top