Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 10:33:16 AM EDT
[obligatory yet obvious] Had a great time today folks, thanks [/obligatory yet obvious]

Great turnout, great group of cadets that are hopefully one step closer to effectively dispatching some terrorists.

Anyone who doesn't want their pic up just let me know

Early morning briefing by one of ARFCOM's finest:

basking in the morning sunlight...

more instructing:

one big gun!:

too much trigger time can never be enough.

M14shooter's better half on the 1919 :

Then M14shooter.  What a gentlemen for letting his lady go first:

Beer:  "the 'pling' you're hearing is the sound of the money hitting the ground, not the brass":

Mona let's her rip:

Yours truly manning the helm:

NICE rifle, why didn't I get to shoot it:

Beer's funky piece:

+2, comrade:

family heirloom:

AL's very own " TIM-MAAAAH!!"  Pic

field testing the gas masks, RAMM really stands up for their QC:

not sure what kind this is:

the family that plays together, stays together...  That's awesome:

Beetlebailey with Notso's new piece:

a great looking line:

Somebody's angry!  (at Fed-Ex )

Notso's goodies:

Now the cadet's get some REAL trigger time:

I wonder what MOS he's going to try for now with that perma-grin:

Bookhuond and ARH give the cadets a good tactical workout:

All I got's to say is, all of the towelies need to update their MET policy - ASAP

And the sun sets on another fine day at the AL/GA FOP meet:

Lastly, I took a wrong turn and ended up in Georgia.  HAD to take a pic of this:

and a small vidof Beerslayer going ape on the 1919
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Whee! That was a hoot!

Glad I could come.

Did anyone happen to finde a bandolier of Wolf 223 on AR strippers over at the Tac range? I think I left one.
The only ammo I can afford
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
so that's why there was a ton of people when i arrived.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:44:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:40:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Alas, I had to work.  I'll be heading down to the gunshow in a few minutes though.

Balming
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Wheee, Igota M44!  I love the gunshow!

Oh, BTW

Beetle,

Ths thread is worthless without pics.

I just cant fins the smileys
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Oh, BTW

Beetle,

check again!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#9]
sorry I did not get you to shoot the M1A Beetle, later the extractor broke clean off of the bolt. I have 2 ways to fix it , put in complete USGI TRW bolt (needs to be headspaced) , or buy $5.00 extractor and spring in original bolt.

I know it is more expensive to have the new one headspaced, but that will give me a drop in replacement if I need it .
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:22:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, BTW

Beetle,

check again!

NO! I will never admit defeat!
Nice pics though
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:19:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
sorry I did not get you to shoot the M1A Beetle, later the extractor broke clean off of the bolt. I have 2 ways to fix it , put in complete USGI TRW bolt (needs to be headspaced) , or buy $5.00 extractor and spring in original bolt.

I know it is more expensive to have the new one headspaced, but that will give me a drop in replacement if I need it .

Dang!  Well, save it for me next time.  No tickets going back, eh?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#12]
You guys have left me jealous and sad once again...

I was in B'ham all day, but was at the BJCC for my sister's graduation from Samford.

I would much rather have been shooting with y'all, but (1) she's my only sibling and I love her, and (2) she's had to sit through three of these boring things for me (so far ) and two for my wife, so I really couldn't bow out.

Next time, Lord willing!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Where are those cadets from and who's the guy in the tan beret?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:02:09 AM EDT
[#14]

NICE...thanks beetle

One of these days I'll be off work and be able to show off my AR10...for the time being, keep the pics coming.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:04:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Where are those cadets from and who's the guy in the tan beret?

Dang it man!  Where have you been?:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=31&t=201446
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:11:16 AM EDT
[#16]

I see I'm not the only one who goes left eye when benchresting a romak3!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:17:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Wait a second?  Is that guy in the tan beret just a cadet?  No posers!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
homepage.uab.edu/beetle/FOP/14.JPG

I see I'm not the only one who goes left eye when benchresting a romak3!!!!!!!

that is the way that stock is designed. do some reasearch on the gun.

you gotta be kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!  wow.  I thought that as a battlefield longer ranged weapon this rifle would be used standing or kneeling alot, and when i shoot like that it is VERY comfortable to hold the stock NEXT to my face and use right eye......  In fact, in any position  BUT benchrest or prone, I cannot use left eye.  wierd.

ETA: you got a link or something on that?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I humbly submit that you are wrong:  Guns magazine:

The only problem I have with the setup is that the comb of the stock is too low for the height of the scope, eliminating the possibility of obtaining a true stock weld. Then again, the Europeans tend to shoot with a head-up position that feels unnatural to most Americans who like to crawl into their stocks.

The way to shoot this rifle is with your head straight NEXT-ish to the stock.  That's why the cheek pad is the way it is.  Your face is s'posed to be smushed into it on the SIDE, not resting on it, NOR resting on it and using left eye.  So much of the literature on this rifle is about how it is not a sniper weapon, just a long-reach battlefield gun.  As such, I think most shots would be taken in the standing up or kneeling position with no rest.  Hence the vertical cheek rest (almost wall like) that is more apropriate to a European heads-up position.

Ghetto MSPaint illustration please:

Also, I google image searched and could not find a single instance of left eye use (by a righty!)....

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Also note how most of those guys are using a heads up position with no rest.

And furthermore, having access to iron sights doesn't help unless you adjust them WITH the scope for your range....

I'd love to get my hands on a manual with illustraions about how to use it.  Mos tof the dragunov manuals I've seen say nothing about this.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 3:44:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 4:43:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
i'll see if i can find those links again. as i recall most of the info i had came from draganov.net. I also found a training manual from romania with pictures using left eye in te optics. never got it translated.

I'd love to see that manual.  Cause CLEARLY using left eye IS more comfrotable, but I think that when you factor in the tactics of this weapon, the stock was notdesigned for it.  (plus I think I'm left eye dominant even thugh I'm a righty.....)
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#26]
flatering comments removed

think before you post please
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top