Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 3:55:53 PM EDT
I just spent four hours getting from Duluth to Marietta. Roswell was a PARKING LOT because 400 was shut down. Spent 1/2 hour not moving an inch!

AAAAAAGGHHHHHH!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#1]
My commute from Kennesaw (work) to Marietta (home) was wonderful.  

Up until recently I worked in Norcross and lived in Marietta so I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just spent four hours getting from Duluth to Marietta. Roswell was a PARKING LOT because 400 was shut down. Spent 1/2 hour not moving an inch!

AAAAAAGGHHHHHH!

That sir, is one of the reasons why I stuck a fork in the metro Atlanta area and moved back to Savannah.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
2 hours to get from Alpharetta @ Windward to Roswell @ Holcomb Bridge.  That's what, 4 miles per hour?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I was up in Alpharetta today off of Old Milton Hwy on business. It took from 3:00 until 4:30 to get to tha MARTA station at Dunwoody. Lucky for me, the weather was bad which delayed my flight....otherwise I wouldn't have made it. Glad I live in Savannah,,,,,,don't think I could handle that crap every day!!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:30:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, you know, someone did DIE and all that.  At least you made it home, because someone else didn't.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:34:38 AM EDT
[#6]
brunswick ain't much, but i can drive the 8 miles to work in about 8 minutes
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well, you know, someone did DIE and all that.  At least you made it home, because someone else didn't.

I'm sorry someone died. I'm also sorry that hundreds of thousands of people were delayed for hours on their way home.

I'm also sorry there is no east-west expressway through Roswell.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Where the hell were all you Savannah guys when I was living there?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#9]
You moved away too soon Larry!

You know how we feel over here..........the "club" is in the metro area and we are outsiders very far away.......

Hopefully we can find an area to shoot on this side of the state and get the folks over here together. I've even thought of taking the trip to CE once, but it would be in excess of 3 1/2 - 4 hours one way! Just a bit far.

We'll see..............................
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:12:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I live 0.6 miles from work. It takes me 3 minutes to get home with a red light.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:15:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Its 13 miles to work for me, I can cover it in 15-20.  I also have alternate routesand ways to get away when thier are accidnets or idiots take to the road en masse.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You know how we feel over here..........the "club" is in the metro area and we are outsiders very far away.......

Hopefully we can find an area to shoot on this side of the state and get the folks over here together. I've even thought of taking the trip to CE once, but it would be in excess of 3 1/2 - 4 hours one way! Just a bit far.

There is a WMA range at  Big Hammock WMA in  Tattnall county (229) 426-5267, as well as one at Dixon Memorial  WMA in Ware county.(229) 426-5267. Check them out, I don't know how nice they are, but it would be a place closer then Charlie Elliot.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a WMA range at  Big Hammock WMA in  Tattnall county (229) 426-5267, as well as one at Dixon Memorial  WMA in Ware county.(229) 426-5267. Check them out, I don't know how nice they are, but it would be a place closer then Charlie Elliot.

I like the one in Richmond Hill.  You can back right up to the shooting tables.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top