Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 12:31:35 PM EDT
...to say that I might be making a few single point slings with HK snap hooks and that a couple might be a available?    Bookhound?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm just seeing if there is any interest, to help me offset the horrendous $10 shipping charge from CDNN.  See, the stupid thing about ordering some snap hooks is this: they are $5 each, and you can probably fit like 8 into a padded envelope and ship it for around $2, but CDNN wants to charge $10 (claiming that it is one of the lowest rates on the net ).  I only want two, but don't really want to pay $5 each to ship them, so I wanted to see if anyone wants a sling to help me offset the costs.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn CDNN
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:02:16 AM EDT
[#5]
If they fit a Cetme I'll get one
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd check to see if you can 't get them elsewhere. for that matter, Tapco has leather G3 slings for $4.99 each. You could check with them about buying in bulk or something. I called them about one of the slings for my AK and asked them to ship it USPS and they did. Cost me $4 shipping
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#7]
What are these made to fit?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Kletz, I'm going to go looking at TAPCO and see if they have anything cheaper.  They are up the street, so to speak, from me (about 30 min away).  If we can work something out, I will just go and pick it up.  I did find another place online that supposedly makes them themselves (in the USA) and will sell in bulk for around $3 each.  I've emailed them and hopefully they'll reply soon.  More info to come.  

BRF, the slings I'm looking to make are single pointers, to fit a carbine sling loop at the base of AR collapsable stocks.  Having the HK snap hooks allows the user to quickly "unattach" the sling if needed, without having to trail a 5' length of webbing.  

ETA: Hmm, apparently, TAPCO has some used, HK slings complete with snap hooks for $1.99!  Sweet.   That's cheaper than anywhere else, and I wouldn't have to pay shipping.  Now, to see how many I can buy...  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't feel bad about the shipping ghost.  I needed a keyboard screw kit "5 screws" for one of my laptops.  The screws cost me .49 cents.  Shipping was 8.00 bucks.

wolf
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Update:

Kletz, you are a genious  I would have never thought of looking at TAPCO, but sure enough they had the HK slings, replete with the snap hook.  A complete HK Leather Sling for $1.99  Yes, yes, I'm aware that it is a complete sling, but if you just needed the hook you could always just cut off the leather part and make a belt or something out of it

So, I'm asking now: anyone interested in a single point sling?  I probably have enough materials to make 3.  IM for details
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top