Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 6:07:37 PM EDT
anyone else watching the presidential debate?!?
<snickers at kerry's dumb ass flippity flop responses>
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
anyone else watching the presidential debate?!?
<snickers at kerry's dumb ass flippity flop responses>

Of course I am but I am right next to you so of course you know that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#2]
At work..
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
JOHN F. KERRY

VOTE W 04

archer2
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:50:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I taped it and watched most of it this morning.  I knew if we watched it last night my wife would be throwing crap at the TV.

We didn't throw anything at the TV just laughed at that ass hat.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I watched for a few minutes, got mad and went an blew stuff up on HALO.
It was as close to shooting something as I can get to 9:00 on a Thursday night.
Mrs. Monk spent the evening "debating" the TV.
Check your voter registration now!
Your Vote Counts!
You have till 10/4 Monday to register.
It's your right and your duty.

The Bald Monk
Ask The Monk
http://wayofthebaldmonk.net/avatar/master.jpg
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, that was pretty funny. I do have to say this, Kerry is a smug and narcassistic egomaniac. It was all in his body language. I also liked how eveytime he felt he lost a point, when a different question was asked, he would skirt around it, and then bring it back to whatever point he felt he lost. Like Korea and Iraq. W '04!

Agnew out.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:36:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I got so bored I fell asleep.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:49:55 AM EDT
[#9]

I felt like Kerry had his ducks in a row, but he's still an asshat and stupid for bringing up his Vietnam service.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:37:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Crap, was that on last nite...I missed it...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:27:16 AM EDT
[#11]
It seemed to me that W was off his game, he seemed tired and Kerry seemed more prepared for some reason.

I guess it is because W is busy running our Country and Kerry is just campaigning, not doing HIS job.

I got bored after the first 20 minutes of the Iraq and Afganistan shit tossing contest.

Southpark was a rerun
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I didn't watch the debate, but I know GWB spent the day of the debate comforting hurricane victims.

Kerry was getting a manicure and having his lipstick applied.

Kerry is an old-school commie loser.

Scott

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#13]

There's no doubt Kerry is a better speaker.
Unfortunately for him, his main campaign theme seems to be "I could have done better.'
The question is will America realize in time that this will be his answer any time he fails if elected?

I think it is a shame W didn't hit back at Kerry's implied comment that the US has imperialistic designs on the middle east.  Really?  I would have thought an imperialistic country would simply slaughter any troublesome locals and start setting up whatever slave-driven industry they invaded for in the first place.

On a seperate note, Bush is right about war, war sucks, people die, but people die everywhere, some get diseases, some get crushed in their cars, and some die nobly trying to free the oppressed.  Which would you prefer, given the choice?

As Colin Powell once remarked "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."  The rest of the world can PUT A SOCK IN IT until they can say the same.

Should we have invaded Iraq?  This is not a valid question at this point.  It is basic blame-storming at best.  The question is how do we solve the problem?  If we stay, we will have to fight to give the Iraqis a freedom they may not even want, or care enough about to keep.  If we leave we create a power vaccum that SOMEONE will fill.  Will it be a country willing to show restraint when challenged by the populace?  Will it be a country willing to spend its own money to improve the lives of those who openly despise them?  Who will likely never thank or repay that debt?  Is there another country ON THE PLANET willing, capable, and with the resolve to do what is right?

W is the president, he is not solely responsible for how great this country is, but I will give him credit for being who he is...a proud, reliable, and yes even GOOD American.  Do I believe Kerry is such a person?  No, I cannot.  I have no faith in those who constantly change their minds.  The world IS, much of the time anyway, black and white...good and evil.  W sees that.  He knows that WE ARE the good guys, and so do I.

Have faith, think for yourself, and for Gods sake VOTE!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I noticed Kerry spent the whole time speaking directly to Leher(sp) and not the camera.  He would also nod his head in agreement? everytime I thought Bush brought up a point against him.

Bush on the other hand, while ocassionally repeating the same catch phrases did a pretty good job of looking into the camera and making sure that he conveyed his conviction on the decisions he's had to made.

I feel bad for any President in that postion - defending against the arm-chair generals without losing your cool has got to be tough ...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
W is the president, he is not solely responsible for how great this country is, but I will give him credit for being who he is...a proud, reliable, and yes even GOOD American.  Do I believe Kerry is such a person?  No, I cannot.  I have no faith in those who constantly change their minds.  The world IS, much of the time anyway, black and white...good and evil.  W sees that.  He knows that WE ARE the good guys, and so do I.

Well said.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Question for Sen Kerry: What Mistakes has the President made in regards to Iraq?
Question for Pres Bush: What Mistakes have you made in regards to Iraq?

NOOOOO . . . They aren't biased questionsCamper
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Stimpy, damn good!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top