Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 4:21:20 PM EDT
Here in central Ga. the weather is starting to turn for the worse.  Getting probably 30 mph winds, steady rain and it may worsten as Frances heads north.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Strong wind gusts up this way, looked nasty all day.  Figure something will probably happen overnight.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm planning to leave for work earlier tomorrow a.m. Every asshat and his mother are going to be driving 20 mph across all three counties.

Went shooting today in 30 mph gusts in Pickens Co. Kinda fun but my groups were less than impressive.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard from the in-laws in newnan and they said it was bad.  Might make it's way up here to  SC soon.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#4]
frances ain't shit.  call her up and tell her that she hits like my grandma.  and my grandma's dead.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:28:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Our power went out last night here in Douglasville.  We have our generators here at work mirroring GA power in case of a failure.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:33:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Our power went out last night here in Douglasville.  We have our generators here at work mirroring GA power in case of a failure.

Mirroring?  Is that running in sync with the breaker closed?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:13:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorta, we have an A and B "chain" for power, both with GA power as the primary and an A and B chain generator.  The A chain also has a UPS system inline to keep our equipment from taking a hit in the event of a power failure.  If we do have power failure(all of our equipment is kept on the A chain unless it fails), the UPS picks up the slack until the generator can start itself and takeover as primary.  We have had some problems with our A chain UPS so we went ahead and started the generators so there wouldn't be that lag when the generators start up if there is a GA power failure.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:59:45 AM EDT
[#8]
all I know is when you have enough wind to shake a 150 ton airplane like a pissed off dad that has a hold of his son, it can get pretty harry inside of it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:26:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#10]
+1!

I hear you loud and clear. I'm over it already today.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#11]
youre right book,
 im in loganville and the wind/rain woke me up at 4am. i went down to the front door and noticed it was getting pounded with rain and i have 8ft of front porch.  F' THIS. it would have taken me 3 hours to get from loganville to marietta in that crap.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]
It hasn't been too bad here in Alpharetta. You can see a lot of leaves and downed trees everywhere.  But there hasn't been too much rain so I'm thankful that the power hasn't gone out.

Did anyone lose their power last night or this morning?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#13]
If it makes you guys feel better we have had it here in greenville for a day now.  Started about 10 last night and hasn't let up.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It hasn't been too bad here in Alpharetta. You can see a lot of leaves and downed trees everywhere.  But there hasn't been too much rain so I'm thankful that the power hasn't gone out.

Did anyone lose their power last night or this morning?

My parents and my brother still do not have power.

ARH

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top