Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 5:22:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Yea I want to go to this show too. But I still need to buy a lower.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:42:14 AM EDT
[#2]
You guys think any preban pricing will change at the show? I seriously doubt it has sunk in the dealers' minds that they have to take an inventory hit.

I'm about ready to preorder some 17 rd Glock mags at $22 online. That's still steep but I think it will take time for reality to sink in around here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been watching prices on things and have seen a lot of seldom seen rifles come up for sale- lots of them not directly affected by the end of the ban, but afftected in that US copies will at least temporarily be un restrained. HK91's seem to have taken a rise in prices, up to around $2400 range, which is just rediculous. I like the guns, but not for that price. There are some Hungarian, Yugo a Finnish AK types getting cheaper, or at least offered for sale. I figure somee owners want to cash in on them while they stil hold value. There's a Hungarian underfolder on gunbroker at $1200 right now. That's a pretty decent price for the gun as far as a collector piece goes.
I know there's no market right now for preban AR's.  I've been considering selling my preban PWA lower, but not becuase of the ban , but because I have an infection for a M1A national match. I'm thinking about buying on of the underfolder AKs that Atlantic Firearms has for $459, and have e-mailed them for confirmation of availability. I'm also looking hard at the PTR91's. There were problems with the early ones, but I've heard that they've cleared up the issues. Tapco has G3 mags for $5 or less right now and I'd like to take advantage of the cheap mags. When I had my HK, they were $50 for a new one and near $30 for really used ones. Funny twist on those mags. It used to be what kept people from buying HK's.

I'm going to the show for sure.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I'm also interested in seeing how pricing will be affected.  I won't be too surprised, however, to see  more than a few $1500 pre-bans lying around.  You know, the "collectible" Colts!  

I just hope the show is better this weekend.  I have been to the last three, and they have gotten progressively worse.  Oh well, I guess I will se Saturday!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Where can I get directions? I'll be coming from Smyrna, and getting on I-85 N at Spagetti junction.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Where can I get directions? I'll be coming from Smyrna, and getting on I-85 N at Spagetti junction.

I85 North to Exit 101 Indian Trail.
East to Oakbrook Parkway.
Turn right to Juergens court.
Turn right to the show.

www.eastmangunshows.com/

ARH

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree with Jason280 concerning the quality of the gun shows. It's been getting worse and doesn't really have too many advantages vs. the local gun shops (especially Adventure Outdoors in Marietta).  One thing that is nice is buying the bulk ammo at the gun show.  You don't need to pay for the shipping so that's a definitely plus.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm planning on being there Sat.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:36:23 AM EDT
[#9]
ARH,

Thank you kindly, Sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top