Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 4:29:46 PM EDT
What do yuns think?

I bought some black and may go back and get some brown, and will probably clear coat it with Brownells alumahyde clear flat for some extra durability, but the OD has been on over a year with only a couple spots that have worn. It's cost me $11 so far

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Like it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]
looks good. have you thought about a 3rd color, like maybe some brown in there or another shade of green?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking about it. I bought black, and the light color is actually khaki, not so white looking as in the pic. I'll do the action, barrel and scope before long but want to get the stock the way I want it first. I am thinking about going back and picking up some med. brown and breaking up some of the green and khaki with some colors that are more splotchy than vertical lines. I think it needs something to emulate shadows, but I kind of like it just as it is. I plan to get to the woods and check it out in the environment to see how it looks, or doesn't look from a distance. I reckon I need something the color of dry leaves., sort of a grayish brown loam color. I might try spraying into a cup and using something else to apply it, like a sponge or something.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks good. I think a third color would really help some.

I want to do this and have even bought all the gear I need to do this according to instructions in the Do It Yourself section. However, I am going to start out slow and do some ammo cans first. I am not sure I have the nerve to do this to any of my firearms yet.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#6]
oopppss
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]
It took me about 30 minutes just to get the tape laid out and to visualize what it should look like when I sprayed it. I taped up my scope and action, but didn't have the nerve to spray it without seeing how the stock came out.  Now I'm back to that point with what darker color to use and how/where to put it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Like it!

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top