Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 3:31:31 PM EDT
Hey folks...

This is prob the dumbest question on the planet; but what is the status of the AWB? how is it looking right now for sunsetting, and is there much talk of it from congress?

Also, whats there to really gain from the sunsetting of the ban? I see that postban mags will now be legal (and cheap), mix&match preban/postban parts, and I think we can have collapsable stocks and other such fun things.... what else is there to know?

So if some kind person would like to recap, give me the skinny, and the who's who and what's what of the AWB sunset... I'd really appreciate it!

TIA
Santi
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought all the parts for a pb ar15 shorty.

I don't think Bush will sell us out. Even Kerry is telling BS to his supporters down here he's pro-gun (according to my rabidly pro-K neighbor) . I told her Kerry is pro-2nd like Bush is pro choice. That shut her pie hole pretty fast.

I don't think with a 3% split the candidates are willing to piss off the gun lobby for the .25% MMM. vote.

So yes, standard capacity mags and normal features will be legit on Sept 13.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:31:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:46:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#4]
So, as of right now, i have on my list of stuff to buy:

FS
6 pos m4 stock
bayonet lug (for those drive-by bayonettings)
"FLARE" launcher
high cap mags for pistols
post ban ar15 mags

- what else am I missing??????

oooh, are SPAS 15 shotties legal now?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top