Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2003 3:46:09 PM EDT
Oh man, its here, its here, its here.  The Pro Carry II is here.  I got a call from GAcop today about a quarter after 3 announcing the arrival of my new baby.  I was so excited that I dropped everything and drove like a bat outta hell down to Newnan to get it .  I just had to get my grubby little hands on it .  Too bad I can't go shooting today (traffic sucks, can't get to ACM) [>Q], but soon, my precious.  I stripped it down, cleaned out the oil, cleaned the barrel and bore, and relubed it.  First impressions: dang, this thing is light.  I'm used to full steel framed 1911s and this one is a aluminum frame short slide.  Also, the "takedown" tool looks like a paper clip bent at a right angle.  I was expecting something more, although this works great.  On the plus side, I guess I can make a whole lot more takedown tools for a few quarters.  

Incidentally, now that I've spent the better part of a grand on the Kimber, mags, and ammo, I need to go spend money at the gunshow like I need a hole in my head .  Won't be able to make the show tomorrow, so have fun guys.  

I'm going back to fondling the Kimber.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Another satisfied customer. Glad you like it, Ghost.

Guys, you should have seen him, looked like a kid with a new toy. Well, I guess that's what it was.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
GAcop was super nice, and quick, too.  He also threw in a Wilson Combat 47D for $25.  I can't wait to shoot it.  I've been racking the slide so much that my left thumb really hurts.  But, at least the slide is smooth now .  Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, Kimber seems to like the com-bloc method of preserving weapons, ie dipping in preservative, except Kimber uses regular gun oil rather than cosmolene.  There was so darn much oil on there.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of ammo did you get for it? With BookHounds advice, I picked up some 230gn Gold Dot hollow point +p ammo that gives about 850fps muzzel velosity, I hope the BG's like it. I'll probably go by wally world and pick up some white box stuff for plinkin, gotta start reloading .45 that's for sure!

I'm probably going to get the Pro Carry 2 as well, but I'm going stainless afterall.

Congrats on yours Ghost! I'm jealous!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats! Enjoy!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I got a case of Winchester Q4170 230gr FMJ from Galyans a couple of weeks ago.  I talked the gun counter guy into giving me 10% off on the case  Actually, I just asked how much for case quantities and he said 10% off (apparently its only good at the Lenox Galyan's, cause the Kennesaw store dosen't have this deal).  I've shot this in the past in my old Custom II and I was very pleased with its consistency.  For defense loads, I'm going to get the Georgia Arms Gold Dots, 230gr +p.  They have also worked well for me in the past and the price is right.  

I noticed that it seems to be smoother with a dab of grease on the rails and also on the Series II plunger in the frame.  I was racking the slide and letting it go slowly to induce the FTRBs, and I could do it when it just had CLP on there, but when the grease went on, I couldn't get it to FTRB.  Even though I don't really like Militec products, I just happened to have a sample sitting around so I used it.  Works good.  

Ghost
Top Top