Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2003 12:26:20 PM EDT
Had a reasonably good turn-out today.  A few new-to-me faces, and a few of the regular crowd.  CE wasn't packed out, either, so we spread out along the pistol range.

I forgot my camera, but Bradd_D said he brought one.  I don't recall seeing him taking any pictures, but it's a possibility.  Jarheadchiro did snap a few pics, though.

Targets of choice today were sporting clays and bowling pins.  I put about 40 rounds of 7.62x54R into one pin alone.  When the range went cold, I went to check it and found that the wood inside had pretty much turned to mulch.  I also managed to get the ol' Mosin Nagant to start smoking.  It actually scorched the upper handguard.

Commie guns were definitely there in force, what with numerous AK-variants, Mosin Nagant variants, and DeltaAir's ROMAK.  That said, Bradd_D's AR, once sighted in, was busting clays like nobody's business.

"Rob, you sonuvabitch." - often heard when DeltaAir began shooting his CETME.

Bradd_D's PVC stand was once again a casualty.  It did escape total destruction, however, as just the crosspiece was damaged.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Bradd_D's PVC stand was once again a casualty.  It did escape total destruction, however, as just the crosspiece was damaged.

Already repaired!  

The AK was running like a champ...I wouldn't expect less.  There was a case of a loose carrier key on a guy's Bushy.  It was tightened up with the help of 006, but the gun would still not run.  The guy went home with ammo left.

Anyway, the weather was beautiful as were the Hooter's girls so I think it's safe to say a good time was had by all.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Already repaired!  

Had I noticed it was wounded, I would've put it out of it's misery.  

The AK was running like a champ...I wouldn't expect less.
Yeah, that's fine and all, but DeltaAir broke his.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't it funny that the "legendary reliability" of the AK is no match for CE?  Anyone else notice the rash of AK failures at CE...last weekend it was ATLGA's AK, and now DeltaAir's?

Ghost
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I did not have the right hex key to help the guy with the Bushmaster. Ak ran fine but the G-1 FAL had trouble with extraction. I shot up all my Chinese fake Radway Green last weekend and got some S.A. .308 last Sunday, not sure if its the ammo. No duds in 37mm using Clean Shot this week. Lots of gun cleaning to do tommorrow.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Isn't it funny that the "legendary reliability" of the AK is no match for CE?  Anyone else notice the rash of AK failures at CE...last weekend it was ATLGA's AK, and now DeltaAir's?

Ghost

Gilfrd's pistol grip kept coming loose on his AK...
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
It was good to see some of you again today.  I had a neighbor and his fifteen year old son with me today.  Neither had ever shot anything other than 22rf.

They both enjoyed .308 out of my Fr8 and all the 5.56mm I had with me out of my Ar. I got to get a larger ammo box.

By the end of the day both were shooting at clays at 100 yds with a 357 magnym, and busting 2 out of evey 6 shots !

My guess is they will be back.

BTW, thanks for letting the son shoot the Mosin, he really got a kick out of it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
BTW, thanks for letting the son shoot the Mosin, he really got a kick out of it.

Literally!  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I did not have the right hex key to help the guy with the Bushmaster. Ak ran fine but the G-1 FAL had trouble with extraction. I shot up all my Chinese fake Radway Green last weekend and got some S.A. .308 last Sunday, not sure if its the ammo. No duds in 37mm using Clean Shot this week. Lots of gun cleaning to do tommorrow.

Thanks for 37mm trigger time - what fun that was!  Just wished I'd nailed Bradd_D's target just once with it...  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Delta and I tag-teamed him with the rifle/carbine combo.  Broke 'em in on the rifle first, then let 'em at the shoulder-breaker.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah my disconnector broke in half.  Called Ken Roberts when I got home, found out I had the old generation FCG and he will be sending one out priority mail monday morning.  Gotta love customer service like that, not even 5 minutes on the phone and he was taking down my addy and number for shipping a brand new FCG.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Yea no one had the right hex key for me.  But thanks for all who tried.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a good time killing paper.
It was great to see some old friends and meet 006 and JarheadChiro.
See y'all at the next one.

ARH
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Delta and I tag-teamed him

Say WHAT?!?  Glad I couldn't make it.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Delta and I tag-teamed him

Say WHAT?!?  Glad I couldn't make it.  

It's about time someone wised up around here...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top