Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 12:28:18 PM EDT
I have been bitten by the Springfield bug. I went to the gunshow last weekend and actually got to look at several models from Springfield. I like them alot, but the price is high. I suspected that they would run $1,000 +.

Those of you here that own one can you give me your opinion's on these rifles? Good, bad,ugly, ect.....I'm looking at the scout model with the walnut stock.

Thanks,
Andy
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I own a Springfield (loaded) , Armscorp and a Norinco/USGI M14. I can't help you with the Scout. Don't know anything about them. But if I was to buy a SA rifle I would get a Standard in walnut stock ( mil spec model)( chromed barrel). About $1,050 at funshows. Then get you a Syntetic USGI stock and Camo paint it your self.( $40 ) with hardware new condition. Beauty of walnut and ruggedness of fiberglass.I went and shot my Norinco/USGI M14 today.Alot of fun.Love to shoot 200m with it.Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info wardawg.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
i've got a SA "loaded".   no scope yet, fun to shoot, very accurate (not by me, but one of my friends).  Mags are higher than ar15, they run about $55 ea. , a little less for used mags. don't think you will find one under $1,000 unless it is chinese.   lots of info at www.battlerifles.com.      buying battlepacks you can get ammo for $.15-.20 a pop.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Super Match.  I LOVE IT!  I have had:  G3, FAL, AK, etc.  The M1A is my favorite.  Can't believe I waited this long to buy one.  If you are in Middle GA, or North GA...and have ammo...you can shoot mine to see how you like it.  LMK, D.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:40:59 AM EDT
[#5]
My m1a was a splurge in the gun safe it is a probuilt match rifle. It runs way better than I can shoot it. Buy 1 you will like it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top