BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Guys have fun, I will be pursuing my other passion --- beer.  

If anyone is interested the Brickstore Pub in Decatur (on the square) is having a little Octoberfest party in Sept with liter mugs of beer.  The mayor is also making an appearance to tap the keg of Dogwood cask beer in the afternoon.

Tried the Dogwood Decadent Ale yet?

I haven't yet.  I take it you other hobbies also include beer drinking.  Have you ever been to the Great Decatur Beer Festival, its held the 3rd saturday of October every year, Oct 18th this year.  6 hrs of beer drinking of more than 200 different types of beer for only $20.  It is one of the best beer festivals in the country.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I haven't yet.  I take it you other hobbies also include beer drinking.  Have you ever been to the Great Decatur Beer Festival, its held the 3rd saturday of October every year, Oct 18th this year.  6 hrs of beer drinking of more than 200 different types of beer for only $20.  It is one of the best beer festivals in the country.

The Dogwood Decadent is good - malt profile is awesome.  With the hops, I think they used too much Cascade.  I'm really sensitive to piney hops, though, so I might be biased.  It's a great beer.

Yes, beer drinking, beer rating, beer collecting, and beer brewing are also my hobbies.  I currently have 25 gallons of homebrewed beer here in various stages of development, with another 5 to be brewed tomorrow.  This excludes beer in the fridge, and the various and sundry brews stored in various and sundry locations in the house.  I've got the red, white, and blue Chimays, a number of other Belgians, some Arrogant Bastard, Bigfoot barleywine, etc, ad nauseum.

Never been to the Great Decatur Beer Festival.  Currently, however, I have another commitment for that date that involves 15 gallons of my beer - a Czech-style pilsner, a Belgian-style tripel (10.2% abv, baby, awww yeah), and my crowd-pleasing recipe, a blackberry honey wheat (chick beer, rated around 8.4% abv).

Shoot me an IM sometime.  I like to hit up the Summits Wayside Tavern out in Cumming (since it's the closest and has the best overall beer selection in the metro area), but maybe we could hook up for a brew or four.  I've got an IPA that will be ready to drink in a month or so, and might have some chocolate oatmeal stout left (if that batch turns out alright - it's fermenting right now).

So what's your favorite local brewery?
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Boys, I think we've found the beer nazi!
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Boys, I think we've found the beer nazi!

Nah.  Not a beer-Nazi.  Beer-Nazis will tell you Budweiser, Coors, and Miller are swill and tell you that you should only drink imports that cost $10 a six-pack.

Me, I like all kinds of beer.  I have my preferences, but those are based off of beer style more than anything else.  In fact, one of my favorite American pale lagers is PBR, and I'd drink it over anything BudMillCoors can bring to the table.

But that doesn't change the fact that I'm drinking a Bud right now.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]

So what's your favorite local brewery?

Currently my favorite is 5 Seasons on Roswell Road.  The food is excellent also, so it's easy to talk the females into coming along.  I also enjoy the beers brewed at Gordon Biersch in Midtown, especially the Marzen.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweetwater Brewery is  good, I like the IPA. I-20 W. Tours on Monday and Thursday,
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sweetwater Brewery is  good, I like the IPA. I-20 W. Tours on Monday and Thursday,

Sweetwater has to be my favorite local brewery as well.  The IPA is good, but the 420 Extra Pale Ale has to be my favorite from them.

It's a shame I didn't get to meet you, Range Nazi.    I was over on the rifle side for most of the morning, and by the time I came over to the pistol side, you'd already left.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Darn it!  I didn't get a chance to meet the range nazi either.  I think I would of won him over with my charming personality lovely disposition.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:19:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I spoke to 006.  Really cool guy.  He let me shoot his 37mm launcher.  TOO cool.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Enjoyed meeting you guys-we will do it again. Had to make sure that you wer'nt a bunch of screamers and wackaloons. Visit www.37mm.com for more info. I'll load some more for next trip.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Had to make sure that you wer'nt a bunch of screamers and wackaloons.

Nah.  Were more like a bunch of cynics and assholes.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Dern missed another one.... I had to work... But Im off this weekend......:)   .Sounds like yall had fun. P806 you work for the city of Forsth and live in Lamar county don't ya??  I think I have chat with you before. Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Dern missed another one.... I had to work... But Im off this weekend......:)   .Sounds like yall had fun. P806 you work for the city of Forsth and live in Lamar county don't ya??  I think I have chat with you before. Cheers WarDawg

That's me, you missed a fun shoot....next time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Had to make sure that you wer'nt a bunch of screamers and wackaloons.

Nah.  Were more like a bunch of cynics and assholes.  

Well reject,I guess I shouldn't have worried about fitting in since I have been described that way more than once!
Robert.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top