Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2003 7:44:09 AM EDT
Hey guys how often do yall get a group CE WMA shoot up? I'd like to hook up with yall and meet some of this Ga gang.Im down in the Forsyth area.About 40 miles from CE. Ive been there fishing but not shooting. I know where the range is at. I work every other weekend so I always have a 50/50 chance. Been on the board awhile but havent made it over to Hometown often.Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]
well it's always hit and miss, you can always find atleast one of us up there each Sat. or Fri. but I think once a month or so everyone gets their day planned to meet for breakfast, shoot and lunch. I only make the shoot, I hate mornings. but keep an eye on this page or start a thread to get people interested in going on a certian Sat.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, we'd be glad to have you join us for a shoot!  Like mpearcex said, pick a date that works for you.  Some of us will always show up.  

Just please not opening weekend of rifle season.  Hopefully I'll be shooting a deer instead of a target.    
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi WarDawg,
  I'm right up the road from you in Locust Grove.I'm only able to go on a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday.
  The big question I have is whether or not the range at C E is open on Sunday?(I know I could spend time online looking and searching but I'll get an answer here that I can read later and spend my time working instead! No rest for the selfemployed here.)

Thanks,Robert.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hi WarDawg,
  I'm right up the road from you in Locust Grove.I'm only able to go on a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday.
  The big question I have is whether or not the range at C E is open on Sunday?(I know I could spend time online looking and searching but I'll get an answer here that I can read later and spend my time working instead! No rest for the selfemployed here.)

Thanks,Robert.

It's only open to archery on Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hi WarDawg,

Thanks,Robert.

What kinda work you do? I take it a machinist. I use to do machinist work .I still have all my tools. I got hired on as a mechanic at a factory in Macon. Im a member of Marion Rd gun club in Macon. Its small but is a nice place to shoot. Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Bradd_D,I kind of figured that it wouldn't be open on Sundays since that is about the only time I can take a morning off!
WarDawg,
 I'm an Automotive machinist by day,wishing I was a gunsmith (it would be more fun)or a job machinist so I'd have a steady paycheck.
 One of my friends from high school went to Atlanta Area Tech to learn the machinist trade.He now works for Delta and has enough years in I think he may be able to retire if they have another early out.I kind of wish I had gone too but I was tired of school and may not have done well at that time (ADD is real,I assure you as I have to fight it still from time to time).
 If I had known how involved I was going to  be with guns and had known about gunsmithing school,I might have tried to go that route.Since I would have graduated about 25 years ago,I might be able to earn a decent living at it by now!hinist,do   This is kind of off the topic but it seems like I'm probably a few years older than most here at 45 (next month).How about the rest of ya'll????
Robert.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL...... Im 35 years old. Graduated highschool in 1985 .Joined the Army out of highschool 1985-1989 . Went to Clover Park Vo Tech in Tacoma Washington for Machine shop.I worked here in Macon as a Machinist for 4 years till I got on at B&W in Macon as a Equipment mechanic.Paid more. I personally dont have a mill or lathe but my buddie has a small one of ea. I play on his from time to time.I have thousands of dollars of tools. I paid for some and got alot from my father and father inlaw.I wipe them off twice a year with some CLP.Never know when I will have to use them again. :) Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Well WarDawg,
 At least you have them (your machinist tools) to fall back on in case you need to change jobs.
 I personally don't think I'll go back into the eyeglass biz and I've forgotten most of that stuff anyway so I'd have to retake the State Board and get a new license.
 I'm hoping to retire (sort of at least) and move down to the Gulf Coast area and maybe tinker with guns or have a retail gun shop.My timeplan was about five years from now but I find myself spending way too much time online and too much money on eBay so I don't think it's going to happen that soon.
I know I don't want to wait too long like my father has and not be able to enjoy myself because of physical limitations from age.  I've pretty much spent my whole life working 6-7 days a week and it would all be for nothing if that happens.I can always get a penny ante job (Welcome to Wal Mart) if need be to cover the groceries and utilities.
You know what?I guess I'd better stop running on at the fingertips and get to sleep!(I tend to get longwinded don't I?)
Catch you later,Robert.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:16:00 AM EDT
[#9]
The GA gang consists of guys in their early 20s to guys in their 40s and 50s.  I'm only 35, but I look older.  

mpearcex is another machinist and some other guys here have some gunsmithing under their belts.  I'm a software guy.  It blows my mind to see you guys cut and shape metal.  I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:52:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey now, I'll hit mid-twenties next week!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#11]
46.  lost my job 3 years ago, had to cash in my retirement and live off of it.    have no retirement/401k.   starting all over again, but hey you are only in this life for a short while,  am trying to build up some for the next life which will be a lot better.

still think i am the only one in south ga.
too bad no one was with me while i was shooting at rams at 200 yards with my glock sunday afternoon
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Well,
 I see someone else owned up to being older than me!Thanks JMO.
 I hope things get better soon for you.It's not too late or the end of the world if you don't let it keep you down and if you have just a little good luck.

Robert.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top