Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 9:38:30 AM EDT
Does anyone know anything about these new offerings from Bushmaster?  I was under the impression that these had reliability and function problems?  Is the magazine detachable on these?  Thanks.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/Carbon15/

Scot
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
wanted one myself for years (rifle that is).
on the old boards professional ordnance had its own forum area for gripes.  saw the pistol in Dublin yesterday with the bushmaster logo on it.   If you will go to the industry forum on this board, hit bushmaster, then look for the subject on this matter, been following it, and it contains several links.

basically bushmaster has changed the bolt and carrier and has the upper and lowers where they interchange with milspec.   don't buy one stamped Professional Ordnance, but do buy one stamped Bushmaster.

LEO here has one of the 97s models that i have been watching for months.   he wanted to sell it and let me borrow it, took 2 hours to fire 3 rounds,  i still want it , but not for $900.
hoping he will get tired of it and trade later.  bad news is he carries it in his trunk for duty use.

edited to add  YES the mag is detachable
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top