Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 2:20:03 PM EDT
There will be an Eastman show May 31 to June 1 in Marietta.
Who wants to meet at the show, look for ammo, AR's, mags, and then meet at the "Dome" before going to eat Mexican food?

ARH

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Since my car was sabotaged at the range last weekend, I will be replacing the EGR valve and possibly the PCV valve, too. It cannot take that long, the hardest part seems to be getting the parts. Advance Auto doesn't carry them(EGR)..."They are too new"...WTF?!? If I can get finishedin time I will be there. I can call Book since ARH is too cheap to have a cell phone. Oh, wait...is Book going?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, up until about 30 minutes ago I was going, but now I'm not sure.  My Mom and Dad might be putting their house on the market and they need some work done to it.  My schedule is so screwed up anyway I wasn't sure I could go Saturday or Sunday.  

I'll know for sure by early Friday (like lunch time).

Hey, Byte.  So you're handy with cars huh?  I just had the EGR valve and a bunch of other crap replaced on the wife's car.  Next time I'll come to you first.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
since ARH is too cheap to have a cell phone.

Yea, that cheap bastard has neat toys but no cell.  WTF?  

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I had a cell phone, then I would have to answer it. Bastards.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I had a cell phone, then I would have to answer it. Bastards.

ARH

HMMMM, No cell phone bill...more neat-o toys...no annoying cell phone calls...maybe he has something there.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I am going to watch the weather. It looks like I may try to go on Sunday. So, if any of you go on Saturday, post a report and let me know if I need to spend time and 7 bucks, or not.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:55:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Won't be any meeting at the dome this time around, folks...  I'll be busy this weekend.

Eat a taco for me, though.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#8]
What is this show usually like. Worth a drive?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Answer # 2...It is a small venue but it is usually packed. I usually always go cause it is so close to me.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#10]
No fun show for me this weekend.  Got to help the parents around the house.

Oh yea, and I just dropped $500 in a parking lot.  So I’m broke for the next month.  Here’s the story.

BookHound the dumbass
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Oh yea, and I just dropped $500 in a parking lot.  So I’m broke for the next month.  Here’s the story.

BookHound the dumbass

That's why you DON'T say things like this:

Yes, thank you chainshaw for teaching this Java programmer/web developer how to post a link using a word and not just the whole link. You'd be amazed at the stuff I still don't know how to do.

You called Murphy, and he picked up the phone.

<edit: kidding aside, that sucks pretty hard, man>
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I might go on Sunday to pick up some 5.56 ammo if the prices are good.

If someone goes on Saturday, could you post a report on 5.56 ammo prices?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I might go on Sunday to pick up some 5.56 ammo if the prices are good.

If someone goes on Saturday, could you post a report on 5.56 ammo prices?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

BookHound the dumbass

Dragamundo man.
Let me know if you need me to pick up anything for you at the show.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:39:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Appreciate that ARH.  I think I'm good though.  I just need some ammo for the 'Bama shoot, but I can either scrape together the funds I need or dip into some of my ammo stash.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:08:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Damn mark that sux, If I had the extra cash I'd pick up the whole case of Q3131A and you could get me back when you have the cash.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:11:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Appreciate that ARH.  I think I'm good though.  I just need some ammo for the 'Bama shoot, but I can either scrape together the funds I need or dip into some of my ammo stash.

I will be getting 500rds at the shoot...oh wait, you don't shoot 'The Wolf'...you can watch me shoot. I do need someone to help mix Tannerite. Hell, I have to learn OTJ at the shoot. This might get dangerous.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:26:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks guys.  I'm going through the house today finding all kinds of crap I don't need.  A lot of it will start to show up on the EE.

Also, I went through all my ammo and stuff today and realized that when you keep all your mags loaded and you have 27 20-rounders and 24 30-rounders, you have a lot of ammo.  I don't think I'll even need to dip into the ammo stash for the 'Bama shoot.

You guys have fun.  I'll be working at my parents house (and not spending money!).

See you all next week.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:58:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey let us know what ya got to sell,
 im gonna go to the show but prob not spend anything...huge CC bill just showed up..all these extras for the rifles.
joel
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm going to pass on the gun show, I'm going to get some range time in at CE bright and early at 10:00, 9:30 if the nazi is there. I'll try to get a bench right next to him ad I'll fart alot AND bring my super loud XM193 ammo.

My ammo from WholesaleHunter should arrive today, 176.50 to your door is a great deal, get in if you fit in!

Hey Book, 1260 rounds should be sufficient for the FOPfest on the 7th but it wont last for the Tennesee shoot on the 21st. It's amazing how you dont count the ammo in your mags, I never do either.

AMMO GROUP BUY???

gilfrd
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#21]
group buy sounds good, what kind can we get? who has the hook up?
Joel
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#22]
No show for me either. I'll be getting drunk all afternoon at the_reject's place.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Ive gotta be at my godson's 1st birthday at noon, they are Italian catholics so ill be drinkin too. This is gonna be a nice weekend for drinkin....arnt they all
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#24]
So, as of Fri nite(now), who is gonna make it?

I plan on getting to the show around 10:30 and sticking around for Mexi-lunch. Did someone have a specific Mexican restaurant in mind?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Damn, not even friggin' crickets...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm up for getting together at 10:30.  I'll see ya at the front doors.  I'm up for lunch as well.  I'm going to look for some ammo and mags.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll be with you guys.  You just won't see me.  Take care.  Good weekend all.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If anyone goes to the show could you keep an eye out for stripped AR lowers and what brand they are. I am trying to add a few new ones and will make a trip if you see one I don't have. Thanks.

I only saw one stripped lower for sale in the entire show.
It was an Olympic and I think he wanted $179.00 for it.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If anyone goes to the show could you keep an eye out for stripped AR lowers and what brand they are. I am trying to add a few new ones and will make a trip if you see one I don't have. Thanks.

I saw Century stripped lowers.  I'm not sure how their quality rates, though.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Ross...the mags I picked up are original FN mags.  Not bad for $6, eh?  
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Ross...the mags I picked up are original FN mags.  Not bad for $6, eh?  

You should go back and buy the rest of them.

ARH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top